Just never let me go.

Hey guys!!
Here's a new chap for y'all!
I hope you guys enjoy it!!
Don't forget to vote and comment!!
I love you all♥️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Kaitlyn’s pov*

Midway, I could no longer feel those strong arms around me, there was nothing keeping me safe anymore and in a flash of seconds we hit the surface of the deep ocean, the refection of the sky adding color to its appearance. As the waves enveloped me, I saw Grayson smiling at me and then he rose up, above the water; leaving old, tiny me underneath.

No no!! don’t leave me here!! I wanted to scream and hold onto something to stop myself from going down, but my surroundings were nothing but a shade of blue. I flapped my hands to keep myself afloat, but nothing was working; I was just going down and there was nothing to pull me back up, nothing to pull me out of this darkness into the light. My head got dizzy and my mind had accepted that I’ll be the fish’s dinner tonight, but I was holding onto something, my heart was holding onto hope that my knight in a shining armor will be there to pull me out of this trouble that I had bestowed upon myself.

Then, out of nowhere, I felt a familiar grip around my arms. It pulled me up by cupping my armpit. Once I reached the surface, I was enveloped in an embrace by none other than the guy who left me midway in the air. He held up his knee and situated me there as he caressed my back. I brought my forehead closer to his as our noses were almost touching, “I thought you knew how to swim,” he whispered in a low voice. I was silent, still assessing how I was rescued just 2 seconds before my death. “just never let me go,” I whispered back and I saw those emerald green eyes light up like a diamond and a smirk appeared on my face as he crashed his lips on mine, but then realized that the others were watching a live romance movie; pulling away he planted a kiss on my forehead and whispered, “never princess.”

The whole time, Grayson had his arms around my waist or he would often tell me to keep my arms around his neck, or what I liked to call, become the cape to my batman but he would reply me saying, “trust me babe, I’m no batman,” with a sad smirk over his face.

We all noticed that Cassie and Sam also had gotten pretty close; they were engrossed in their own play, throwing water at each other and fighting over who could swim faster and when Sam won, he laughed and grabbed Cassie from her waist holding her up, as she laughed and threw her legs back and forth, bouncing water at all of us. Soon they both noticed how all of us were staring at them and Cassie tried to pull back, but instead Sam pulled her even closer in his chest and buried his nose in the crook of her neck as a blush creeped up over her face. Gently, he let her go and she swam towards me peeking glances at him.

“I’ll take her,” she smiled at Grayson, indirectly telling him to leave us to have some girl time.
He was too naïve to understand what exactly she was directing it and was hesitant to let me go. “Will you be okay?” he asked trailing fingers down my jawline.

“of course, I’ll be; my bestie knows how to handle me much well than you,” I replied with a slight smirk on my face as a slight frown appeared on his face and he cupped my cheek as his hand grabbed the back of my skull kissing me with all the strength. I tried to keep up with him, but his mouth dominated mine and I was nothing, but a mess in that moment.

Cassie interrupted, “okay enough you both. It’s not that I’ll steal your girlfriend or something, so you don’t have any reason to be jealous.”
Ignoring her, Grayson still had his lips on mine. Why can’t I have some fun? An idea popped in my head and I crept my fingers from his hair to his perfectly crafted abs, going slowly down, but as I was about to touch him down there, I felt a strong hand over my wrist. He broke the kiss, his breath heavy, “Not now, not here. I’ll not be able to control myself. We’ll continue with this,” he smirked, leaving me in Cassie’s arms; as he swam closer to the boys who were by then giving him weird looks.

“woah, that was-” Cassie tried to speak but I cut her off.
“no missy, it’s my time,” I raised my eyebrows as a blush crept up on her face and she realized what I was talking about.
“are you and Sam?” I smirked.
“no! of course not. It’s nothing,” she giggled.
“no lying to your best friend Cas,” I reminded her and she rolled her eyes revealing a small smirk.
“I think he’s hot and I kind of like him, but no… it’s nothing serious,” she admitted glancing back at Sam who was although with the boys, but his eyes were fixed on her.
“doesn’t seem like nothing,” I commented and Sam somehow figured out what I was saying and a smirk crept up his face and he turned around trying to engage himself in a conversation.

Soon, the sun was about to set and we got back on the ferry because according to Grayson we were pretty close to the island. I also kind of learned how to swim, but I was constantly being guarded by either one of them so I don’t end up drowning myself to death. Landon climbed up the back of the ferry, followed by Sam who helped Cassie up. Following behind her was Francis who held my hand to pull me up with a slight help from Grayson who tightly gripped the inside of my thighs, pretending he was pushing me when he and I both knew what he was doing. After getting up, I was sure I was red as a tomato, and there was that evil smirk on his face.

He picked up a towel from the railing and slowly crept towards me with a devilish grin all over his face. He wrapped the towel around my wet body and gently rubbed over my curves, causing me to bite my lips as a wave of evil clouded in his not-so-innocent eyes. He turned me around, my back now facing his front as Francis threw his shirt at him, completely ignoring what Grayson was up to and he caught it with his hand although his head was buried in the room between my neck and shoulders. He slipped the towel down my legs and turned me around once again to face him. This time, my breath hitched as he brought his face closer to mine, lifting up my arms and dropping the shirt over them. He pulled it down my neck and before I could even assess what was going on, I was already in his shirt that reached my mid-thigh. It smelt of him; the strong smell of power tickled my nostrils as he picked up the towel and rolled it down his perfectly tattooed body not once breaking eye contact.

I was pulled by Francis, “stop gawking at him! Look at the island!” he exclaimed, causing me to flush a little. He dragged me to the other corner of the ferry, blocking my view of the Greek God that I was busy admiring. I was grateful to him though because if he wouldn’t have done that I would’ve melted right there.

Right in front of me, was a green paradise. It was nothing like the crowded city that I came from. The island was bathed in a kind of light that was purer and warmer than any I had ever seen. It got into my soul that very instant and made a special place in my heart. I realized what people meant when they said that they fall in love with places. I could feel it; I could feel it becoming a part of my soul in that moment.

“this is beautiful,” I said as I felt a strong grip around my waist. I already knew who it was, and I leaned in closer I chest as he fiddled my hair.
“not as beautiful as you,” he remarked and I rolled my eyes as a smile danced over my lips.

Landon looked over at us, “you guys make me feel so single,” he laughed as Francis laughed, “we have each other, Lan.” We all started laughing and it felt good to be with my friends; the people whom I could trust blindly. There was something going on between Cassie and Sam and both of hem were adamant not to accept the strong, growing connection between them.
Suddenly Grayson removed his arm from around my waist as he heard his phone ring. He walked to the seat where we kept our phones, wallets and guns before jumping in the sea to pick it up. I could see his muscles tense as his jaw tightened when he read the caller id. Strong expressions of worry crossed over my face and I tried to walk to him when Francis who stood right beside me stopped me from doing so. “it’s okay, he’ll be back soon,” he smiled.
“but he looks tensed,” I spoke.
He turned around to see Grayson yelling at the phone to someone, his fists balled and his jaw hardened. “it’s okay, I’ll go check on him, you stay here,” he comforted me and left to walk in his direction.

I crept closer to Cassie who wrapped her arms around me and I buried my head in her neck. She knew how to comfort me and I loved her for cracking the lamest jokes to make me laugh when I needed it the most.
‘It’s probably something you shouldn’t be worried about,’ my inner goddess sipped on a margarita as she relaxed on the beach chair wearing a bikini.

The ferry came to a stop and we had reached the island. The venue for Grayson’s birthday. The sun was about to set and the moon was already visible. Grayson came back and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. “is everything okay? You seemed tensed,” I asked him, my fingers tangled up in his hair. “yes, everything is okay,” he assured me. My heart wanted to believe him, but my mind insisted that something was up and he wasn’t telling me about it. I decided upon letting it slide for the time being and I could interrogate him afterwards.
“let’s go,” he smiled holding my hand in his. For once, I wanted to tell him to put a shirt on because his hot, tattooed body wasn’t helping me. But I didn’t want to disturb this beautiful view. “are you coming?” he asked me and I figured I was too lost in my imagination to figure out what was going on, I nodded and all six of us left the ferry with our bags.

We walked on the sandy beachy for five minutes before we reached a large mansion built in the middle of nowhere. It was a magnificent, black palace with glass windows that gave the view of the island. It was surrounded by palm trees and four cars were parked at the entrance of the house. “is this yours?” I asked Grayson, who nodded in response, “our families own this whole island.”
“Wow, this is impressive!” Cassie exclaimed and earned a shrug in response from Sam.

As we were about to enter, I noticed four heavy bikes parked there, “I’ve never rode on a bike before,” I spoke and Grayson eyed mee before licking his lips, “not the only thing you’ve never rode.” I blushed at his response and Cassie laughed at what he said.
He leaned in closer, “don’t worry you can ride it anytime you want.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!!
Thank you so much for reading!
I hope you guys enjoy it!
Don't forget to vote and comment!
Stay safe, X
I love you all!! ♥️