Guess the fun has just begun

I just need to take a moment and thank each and everyone of my readers for helping me reach 100K. feels unreal honestly!

I'll try to be more consistent with the updates now, but meanwhile I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. let me know your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote, comment and follow! <3

____________________________________________

*KAITLYN'S POV*

(7 MONTHS LATER)

As I look in the mirror, I fail to recognize the woman who stands before me. Her eyes shine the brightest shade and her hair falls to her elbows. Her body is much stronger now, her biceps somewhat evident. Wearing a bright blue crop top, her abs reflect how much work she has put in herself. I take a step towards her, putting my hand on her face, she reciprocates my actions.

"No matter who you think you are, deep inside you are still that little girl who gets excited over the smallest things." I wink at her, "you can play pretend all you want, but I know who you really are."

A knock on the door disrupts my thoughts, and I immediately pull my hand away from the mirror. Unconsciously sliding my hand on the scar on my collar bone, I answer, "yes?"

The door opens to reveal Andrew who smiles as he enters, "You will take forever to get dressed, can we go please? It's the first day of school and I don't want to be late." His eyes narrow on the scar on my bone and I realize I have been rubbing it for quite a while now. Pulling my hand away, I answer, "let's go captain." I pick up my bag from the chair and follow behind Andrew to school.

These past months, there has been radio silence about him. All I know is that Grayson left States for some work in Italy and hasn't been back since. Honestly, it's so much easier to go to school without him shooting daggers my way whenever I got close to Andrew or trying to invade my thoughts when all I do is hate his guts. I hope that he is back someday because I desperately need to get my revenge. I sometimes see the other serpents as they enter the hallway and a whole flock of girls follow them for what seems like hours, sometimes Francis looks my way and passes me a smile, his face full of pity, while Sam and Landon are well... Sam and Landon. I overheard dad a couple of days back when he was talking to Andrew's dad about a possible agreement with the Wolves and I immediately knew that he was talking about Grayson's family. He said that there was a new powerful group trying to enter our market and that would really be bad for both of our businesses so this agreement would be out of mutual interest just to kick out the competition. I don't really know what to think about it, because I just need to get my revenge and destroy him after what he did to me. I hate him with every part of my body, but I can't ignore the feeling I get when I hear his name or just imagine him to be walking down the hallway. I guess, I never really got over him, but I need to.

I park my car beside Andrew's and pick up my bag from the passenger seat as I step out. Andrew is waiting for me when I jog in his direction, "you were fast today," I commented.

"You were unreasonably slow today," he shrugged. I hit him with my bag as we continue our walk to school. The classes pretty much go by in a blur, it's the same old story, and during breaks, I still get looks from girls who are obsessed with Grayson. I know that they are plotting to murder me, but they will never know that I have a gun on me 24/7 now... who knew the girl who got squeamish at the sight of a weapon would be carrying one herself wherever she went. Though, out of respect and just my moral responsibility, unlike someone I used to know, I don't have my gun on me during school hours, but that doesn't mean it's right there in my car's dashboard.