Resurface

Megumi

Yesterday, he kissed me in front of a school of gossip girls who likes him. Big trouble. How am I going to face the crowd this morning? Surely, it's quite easy to talk to Akira. I think I can deal with that, but the trouble that the girls can give me is a huge trouble, like those pranks in Japanese shojou manga.

I nuzzle in my comfortable bed once more and stand right up on my bed to wake myself. I can still feel the numb press on my lips. It's sending a very dangerous message to me. Akira is talented at kissing.

I brush my teeth carefully, not to touch my lips or I'll fall in love with kissing, comb my hair, put on my uniform and snatch my breakfast in the kitchen and ready for school.

On the school bus, everything seems to be alright and calm. Since everyone is sleepy, so am I, we don't care about others a lot. I'm thinking that how am I going to explain all the kissing Akira did yesterday. If he really likes me, he doesn't have to kiss me, to be honest...

Perhaps he just wanted to kiss me because of his desires, like most of the man. Yuzuru won't do it, I think, with zero confidence in that statement. He won't right? Yuzuru is a gentlemen. He won't kiss a girl unless they are in madly in love. I hope so.

Remembering that a long time ago, one month before I know that I can go to Japan, I dreamed of having a lot of relationships with him. I'll give him my first kiss if he would like to kiss me, which he won't anymore. Held hands together, we did that. I blush when I think of our sweet memories, or perhaps just mine 'sweet memories. I let out a long sigh of disappointment of my foolish childishness. When can I ever see him again. I feel my eyes' tail dropping down to my cheekbones, the muscle of my forehead clenches, the picture of my face can be simply described as: melancholy puppy face.

The school bus arrives at school and I head to my classroom quickly to avoid any chances of being asked questions. However, I do not know that my classroom has higher rate for being tortured by words.

When I step into the classroom, I see Maggie stands up with her fasted speed and rushes towards me. She bumps into one of the boy's chair.

"Calm down Maggie." He said.

"It's none of your business." She scolds back.

Maggie walks straight to me and speak in an extra volume of voice.

"What happened."

"He kissed me." I spit out the truth, disgusted with her attitude.

I believe everyone in the room already knew this truth, but they just want to hear me say it one more time. I feel irritated by their attitude, even Angel's. She's not even looking at me. She stares right pass through me as if she's staring at the wall behind me. "Angel... Come on! Shouldn't you at least look into my eyes?" I doubt in my mind.

The girls look at me in disbelief and disgust. Some show envy, other gasp. Hiding from the fear of unfriendly treatments in the future, I sit down on my chair and took our my textbooks.

"Now, if there are no more questions, please allow me to excuse myself to study for the final exam." I retort.

The morning is pretty peaceful afterwards. It is until lunchtime when all the students gather in the cafeteria. Akira joins me waiting in the line for lunch.

"Everything alright?" He smiles.

"Thanks for the kiss, I am stared by hundreds of Eagles like a prey this morning." I peek up to see his face.

"Hahaha. I'm sorry." He scratches the back of his head.

"But, it's not that bad." I murmur softly so that Akita can't hear.

"So ....how's the kiss... " He asks with embarrassment.

"The kiss is...." I pause. Giving him time to guess.

"Please, tell me!!! This is killing me!!!" Akita shouts.

Oh yes, I let out a happy giggle.

"It's a secret." I put my hands on my lips to form the "hsuu " gesture.

"Meg!!! Don't do that to me!!! You are torturing me!!!"

That's my revenge for the awful treatment I get from my friends because of the kiss. I guess the reason that I kept it as a secret is because I don't know about my feelings yet. Do I love Akira? Does that mean if I love him then I can't love Yuzuru? No! I love Yuzuru, but I can't say that.

How's Yuzuru doing recently? I know that he is having a ice show in the late June. Will I ever meet him again? I wonder... But will he remember me? After all these months?

The lunch ends peacefully with out any other annoying comments about the kiss. When I am about to head back to my classroom, I am called to the teacher's office room.

"Meg, how's the school in Toronto doing?" my teacher, Kay, asks with concern.

"Kay, everything is alright. I'll go there on the mid July. I guess everything has been settled." I answer back.

"Good. We'll miss you when you left." Kay grins.

I grin back to her. I will graduate from my school in the 7th of June. In another words, I have plenty of time to do what I want to do.

An idea pops out of my mind: I can go and see Yuzu.