Chapter 3 The Confession

P.O.V Megumi

I'm always moved by Hana ni nare. Yuzuru's strong emotions for his hometown fills the program and the lyrics are just right for Yuzuru's purpose. As I watch him skate through the whole ice, my heart jumps as he flys. He is so close to me when he made his steps that I can collapse at anytime if he just steps a little more forward. The Ina Bauer can't be more beautiful when his hands lay on his eyes. Oh, how can my feelings be sent to him. There are no words that contains the love and respect I have for him to express my feelings to him in the world. Maybe telling him my emotions is way too much for being a fan, but at least I have my present for him. At least I still have something else to give, instead of my feelings.

He is in front of me now, saying the words Boku tachimo Hana ni nareru. and then smiles. The thing I can only do is to hold by breath because he used to skate to another side of the rink. How lucky am I, holding Ruby's hand and nearly burst into tears.

I guess my tears are the only way that I can show my true feelings for Yuzuru. However, I don't cry. I know what I should do to be as a fan, never show your true feelings, because there are so many yuzufan in the world and it is not fair for only me to show my feelings. My heart hurts. I have no chance. Unless I am special, but I am not. I will never be.

I can never be the special one, in fact, how can I be the special one? I am a Taiwanese, four years younger than him, short, and my Japanese is still poor. Only my love for him is the strongest of all fan. But what will that make him notice me if I don't tell him? How will I tell him? There is a rock in my chest so heavy that it draws me down to my legs and makes me have to hold my heart to stop it being drawn to the floor. I let out a long sigh as Ruby looks at me.

" What's the problem with you? Aren't you happy?"

" I am, but I also feel like he is so far away from me."

" This is the reality. But cheer up, at least he is close to you now. Cherish it."

Ruby's right. I should cheer up to let Yuzuru see the happiest me after the show. I still got his present to give him.

After the show, I am able to kind of talk to Yuzuru and give him the present. He is holding so many flowers and presents in his hands. This makes me felt a little disappointed that I didn't bring him a flower. Anyways, he is so gorgeous and sweet. I handed him the present and he looks happy. I am so glad that I chose this gift. Then he comes up with some questions. I was very surprised, I should be the one asking questions but he starts.

" I saw you looking a little bit weird when I was skating, are you alright? do you feel uncomfortable?"

How did he notice me? How did he see me when he is performing?

" No, " I laughed a little. "I was just so touched by your performance. I came from Taiwan to watch your show. So it is a pretty big thing for me." I answer him.

" Oh! Thank you."

" No no no, I am the one who has to say thank you, thank you for this great experience."

" But I would wish you to be smiling instead of almost crying~"

" Haha."

" I am pretty interested that why you, a Taiwanese, will know me and would come to Japan to see my show."

" Oh, its actually because of Ruby." I look to Ruby and she gives Yuzuru a little nod.

" She introduced you to me just before you won the Olympics. Ruby is studying in Waseda and she told me that you are a very popular figure in Japan."

" Sempai, yoroshiku." Yuzuru turn to Ruby.

Ruby laughs and shakes her head and says" iya iya, kochirakoso."