Chapter 13 Breaking Apart

P.O.V Megumi

I've never imagine my fate can be so coincidental. Throughout my life, there aren't many sweet memories in my childhood. Even though I was loved by parents and teachers, I don't actually feel like I was basked in love. Since I am the youngest in my family, I get many attention from people around me and they usually stand on my side when arguments occur. As a result, my cousin and even Ruby sometimes hate me a lot. As time flew by, things have changed. My cousins accepted gradually and of course I was really close with my dear sister. But the wound my childhood made has caused a scar that will never be healed in my heart. So, saying that I am very lucky in my life doesn't fit well in my case. Maybe until now.

I have never think of meeting a person (stranger) again. 

It is about two weeks after I came back from Japan. The school started right after I came back to Taiwan, but I was in perfect mode to study. I was very motivated, of course, because of Yuzuru. Most of the reason still defines my admiration of him, but another part of the reason is that we are friends for now and I can claim in my heart, I am the special one.

I keep it as a secret. My relationship with Yuzuru. But all of my classmates know that I am crazy about him. 

"Did you meet him?" Angel asks.

"Yeah.." I smile.

"How nice~" She hits my back.

The teacher enters the classroom and announce that there is a foreign transfer student in our department. Our school always have foreign student every year and this year, the head of the international department announced that there will be a Japanese. Since when I enter the international department, I am always excited about exchange students or transfer students, especially the ones from Japan.

During the assembly, the school asks the exchange student to introduce themselves and their purpose of coming to Taiwan. When the microphone finally reaches the Japanese student's hand, I expect myself to be active to social with this student and be friendly with him or her.  

His English is fluent and he seems to be confident on stage. But just after he spoke a few words, I realize that I know his voice. The voice with warmth and bright like a light guiding me.

I run to him after the assembly, grab his arm and use the enough power to turn his upper body around. He opens his eyes like he is going to scared to faint, but there are no other doubts he has after he sees my face.

"Megumi?!" 

"Yes." I gasp for air after a long run to catch up with him. "It is great to see you again Akira."

"Wow! I didn't know we will be in the same school!" He answers.

As we walking with the student crowd to the elevator in our teaching building, we laugh and talk very naturally without even notice that it is only the second time we met each other. Everyone stares at us especially my classmates.

"Meg, when did you start to be so open to strangers?" Maggie asks, who is one of my best friends.