Chapter 9 Hold On

P.O.V Yuzuru

"Yuzuru, how's your date?" Javier asks when I return to our room.

"Amazing." I answer, closing the door.

"Everyone was asking about you, but I helped you to cover it up."

"3-Q"

If other people know about me having a date with a girl, Meg, then she will be in a big trouble. Being my special one can give her a lot of unnecessary trouble. I want to protect her from being harm or attack from the media and the public. She is just a 15 years old girl. She needs to be protected from me, at least that is what I can do when we are separated.

She must be nervous about leaving me. She knows I am busy. I know she knows, being as a super big fan of mine. But because she understands, she knows that she has to let me go. The smile at the platform she gave made me so guilty to leave her. I even can not give her a promise. Still, I believe we will meet again, our relationship will still last when she comes to Toronto. Then, we can meet again.

"So how's the girl." Javier says.

"You'll see. She said she will be in Toronto in September." I answer him.

I get my pajama and my cleansing stuff and ready to take a shower.

"That's soon, I'm exciting."

"Keep to your own girlfriend, I won't give her to you." I stare at Javier. I am being playful.

"Of course, and plus, you know that our taste is different."

I grin at him and go into the shower room

The sound of the water makes a rhythm. The steam from the shower made me feel lost. I stay under the shower for a while, doing nothing. There are a lot to think about; skating, shows, practices, going back to Toronto, have time with my family, and Meg. Quad loop and my new programs will be waiting for me to finish when I go back to Toronto. I must live with my family for a while before I go back to practice. I haven't see my sister and father for too long, I miss them a lot. I can feel how Meg feels with her sister, I like my sister a lot as well. I can't wait to meet her.

I put shampoo on my hair and wash cleanly. Reconsidering about Meg and my relationship, I finish my shower and put on my pajamas and lie on the bed. I look up to the ceiling. Blank.

My phone buzzes.

I slide the screen to view the message.

Meg sent the photos at the park today. I let out a small laugh.

She sent the one which I held her waist. The Sakura tree is in the middle of the photo, and we are in the middle. Meg looks like she is embarrassed, but she is smiling brightly. She reacted shyly when I put my hand on her waist this noon. I planned to make her shy because I like to see her blush. She is cute with her red cheeks.

"3-Q, this is a beautiful picture. I will look at it frequently." I reply.

"Do you want your photos?" She asks.

"Ok."

Megumi then sends me photos like I am staring at the tree, smelling at a flower, smiling at the camera, and a long view of the park with me walking on the side. I have to say that Megumi is really good at taking photos. I save these photos and reply Meg.

"You are very good at taking photos!" I type.

"I like to take pictures of beautiful things." She sends me the message.

"I dont remember of me making these action."

"That's how photographers are good at. Taking photos without making the object to notice."

"Meg, you impressed me." I reply.

I am really telling her the truth. I like people who can do things better than I do, like English. I admire Meg's English. There might be more that I will like about Meg. She is making me so exciting about our future.

"You like to take photos?" She asks. I flip around so I am now facing the bed and stretch a bit.

"I don't dislike it. But I am not good."

"I can teach you next time."

I smile at the message she sent.

"Of course."

"Thank you for this wonderful trip today, I really dream come true."

"No, thank you, it is my honor to meet Megumi again and let her dream comes true."

"You won't feel disturbed if I keep texting you when I return Taiwan?"

"If you don't send, then I will send you." I press the button to send and laugh a little that I send this message.

I believe Meg must be blushing right now.

"Good night" she replies.

"Wish you good dreams!"

Javier sit on my bed and look at my phone when I am watching The photo Megumi sent me.

"I never know you being so narcissistic." He says.

"No, she took me photos. I am looking." I try to explain.

"Woo, dating photos. Let me have a look." He urges.

"Just to reassure that you won't let any other people know."

"Of course."

I let him have a look, but keeps the photo with Megumi. I want to hide her smiling face from other people. She is just delicate for others to see.

"Seems like you had a wonderful date." Javier says to me.

"Thanks." I turn to him.

"Javier, how do you manage your girlfriend? I ask.

He seems surprised to see me asking this kind of question.

"She is your girlfriend?"

"No, not yet." I shook my head, a little nervous.

"But she will." Javier nods.

"Yeah. Eventually."

"She is a figure skater as well?"

"No, she is still a student." He open his eyes wildly, seems surprised.

"I thought you want a figure skater to be your girlfriend."

"I do, but she is a little different."

"What's so special about her?"

"She understands me."

"That's good." He lets out a sigh and lies on his own bed.

"I keep her away from the public." He continues.

I look at him.

Javier notice my concern.

He continues. " I mean my girlfriend." He turns his face to me.

"We are different, Yuzuru, you are way too popular than me in the world and your country."

"People won't react much as your fans will in my case. But if the public knows about her, I still don't know her name."

"Meg." I cut in.

"Right, Meg. They will get crazy."

" I know, so I asks you how to manage her."

Javier sighs. "I think," he pauses for a while. "Just hold on."

"Hold on." I repeat.

"Yes, just hold on."