Chapter 7 Exchange Nicknames

P.O.V Hana

We have our lunch inside the Ueno station. Megumi spaced out since I confess to her and I hold her hands as I lead her to cross the road. She finally comes back to life when I hold her hands. She rise her eyes and holds my hands tightly then she catch up with me. She bought a dorayaki for dessert and she gives me chocolate. Megumi says she learned I eat chocolate during practices.

"Since I only know you don't dislike chocolate, I bought you chocolate." She says

"You can know more about me from now on."

"That's my honor."

She doesn't answer like other girls. She sounds tough and strong sometimes though, and it is a big contrast to her appearance. Megumi is also cool sometimes. She gives zero tolerance to people who are on her way by her sight. I guess in someway we are very alike. We don't want to lose.

But most of the time, Megumi smiles and laughs. Megumi also likes stuffed animals, like me. I can see it by just looking at her bag. She has so many stuffed charms on the zipper. There are more in her home in Taiwan, she says.

We are having a lot of fun in the street and she bought some souvenirs for her friends and family. It's around 3pm when we finally leave Ueno.

"Mr. Guide, where would you lead me to the next spot?" She asks.

"Hmm, where would you like to go?"

"Bookstore."

"You like books?" I check on my phone when she says.

"I want to buy something."

"Ok, sure."

I lead her to the closet bookstore then I waited her outside.

Megumi looks small to me. She is small. But her mind is far beyond normal 15 years old girl. I am surprised that I really am having a date with her now. But it doesn't feel like a date either. I don't feel any pressure, I am very relaxed with Megumi.

"Thank you for waiting me." She says while walking out of the door.

"Your welcome. What did you buy, Megumi?"

She blushes." You can just call me Meg. That's my English name, I made Megumi as my Japanese name."

"Sure, you call me Yuzu then."

"Really? I can?" She blinks her eyes.

"Yeah"

"Thank you, umm I bought your magazines and your book, can you sign them?"

Megumi, no, Meg is really a big fan of mine. I signed her magazines and she told me

That she has been looking forward to buy these magazines for so long. I am glad that she is happy.

"Yuzu, I have a question." Meg asks.

"Yes?"

"Maybe I can your translator?"

"Hahahaha, great idea! Sure."

"My English is pretty well and I have the confidence to translate your words the best."

"But you are still in school, how can you help me?"

"I'm actually going to Canada this September."

Great! She will be so near to me in the future.

"For school?"

"Yeah. I am going to study at Canada. But I want to study university at Waseda."

"Fantastic! I will wait for you."

"I hope I can stay in Toronto." She smiles at me.

I smile back at her and we keep walking to our next stop.

Meg's phone rings. She picks it up and she starts talking in some Chinese that I don't understand. I've been to Taiwan once, I went there to attend the four continent championship. That was my first big event in seniors that I had won a medal. I have a good memory about Taiwan. There are some similar Kanji but in fact, I don't really know what the characters mean. I admire Meg. She knows so many language, and I guess she knows more than just English, Chinese, and Japanese.

She finished her talk and then she turned to me.

"It is from my sister." She says. I nod as she tells me.

" I told her that you took me for a trip today and she asks if we can have a dinner."

"I will have to ask Javier first, but I think he will be fine." I say.

"Nice!" She smiles. She turns around and message Ruby.

"Javier, I am going to have dinner outside, tell others I won't be at the dinner."

" Yuzuru, that's rare, when are you coming back?"

"After dinner. Tell them I'm sorry."

"Sure. Have a nice date, whoever she is".

"How do you know..."

"I saw you watching a girl's video, and you left this morning. Yuzuru, it's too obvious."

"Hahaa, anyway, remember to tell them that I'm sorry."