Roseate

Meg

"I still can't believe that I did not recognize you when we first met each other." I say when Yuzu finished his rehearsal. Brian and the rest of the Orser team left us earlier to grab lunch.

"Why?" Yuzu asks. After what Brian has told me how Yuzu thinks about me, I reconsider our special meeting the day in Waseda. It just doesn't make sense!!! How come I didn't recognize Yuzu the first time I saw him in reality.

"I don't know! When you were in Ueno station, I recognized you instantly." I cover my eyes from frustration.

"It's not a big deal, Meg. I recognized you in the ice show instantly." Yuzu giggles.

"ah~~ you made me feel so guilty!!"

"It's okay. I know how much you care about me. Plus, if it wasn't you who did not recognize me in the garden of Waseda, I don't know if I will pay a lot of attention to you during the ice show."

We passed the long aisle of the backstage. There is a underground tunnel that is connected to the hotel, and then we have to ride the elevator to the second floor, where Yuzu and I had a small "silent confession" this morning.

"You payed a lot of attention to me during the last ice show?" I inquire with a surprised look on my face.

Yuzu looked away from me and through my lashes, I can see his earlobe turning red. The view is such an ambrosially nourishing entrée for my personally spiritual romance. Yuzu is so honest with his own emotions that I am so glad that I did not cache my secrets and struggles to my own. Because if I did, then I might not know that Yuzu went through a lot as well, and Yuzu may not know how much I really love him that I couldn't eradicate him from my life.

"Yuzu?" I test. "From the first day, right?"

He still doesn't turn his face to me. Right now, in this position, we stopped in front of the lobby of the hotel. I run from the left of his side to the right of his side. His reflexes quickly to other side, and I keep up his pace.

"Stop it! Meg." He laughs out a clear complain.

"I'll only stop when you answer my question." I switch to the right.

"Let me see your face." I grab his arms.

Both of us stopped playing our childlike game. I'm out of breathe but Yuzu feels absolutely fine. I think we have the results out. He won.

"Fine." I could barely say another word. My hands fall to my knees to let me rest.

"Jesus..." Yuzu shrills. "Meg, you really need to exercise more." He shifts down his backpack in a clean move. He rushes to take out a bottle of water out of his bag.

"I'm fine." I gasp. "A couple more second and I'll be normal again."

"Seriously, Meg. Don't scare me." He sighs. In my mind, I do not want to scare at all. However, I have not noticed my physical ability to just play around with him has become so weak; and in turn, has both put him off guard and disappointed myself. I really become a lot powerless than I was.

-----

"Are you sure you're alright?" Yuzu asks the same question uncommonly frequently.

"Yes." I repeat my answer. "Don't change our subject, Yuzu!" I remind him.

He stumbles to find an excuse but is stopped by my passionate stare.

"Come on, Yuzu." I smile mellowly at him. "I really want to know. Brian told me everything."

"What!" He turns to me with a surprising speed but turns his head back when he realizes that he actually turned to look at me and showed me his blushed and nervous gorgeous profile.