Chapter 29: Please Be Alive

It's been four days since Kai and Matt left for France. 

Matt recovered within a day, his wounds healing fast due to our capability of accelerated restoration of health. Aiden also put on a grand show of banishing them both from the pack's territory temporarily. 

Seeing as it hadn't been done before, given no one ever attacked a high ranking pack member, it caused quite a stir. However, Dylan was placated as he found Kai's punishment fit for the crimes he'd done and the pack was working overtime on reinforcing our defences. 

No one had the time to question the decision or the whereabouts of Kai and his mate. Which was a blessing as the trip to France was only something Aiden and I knew about. Calypso and Rick had questions, I could tell, but they dare not ask Aiden as he made sure his decision was unwarranted of interrogation. 

When I'd ask him why he kept it between us, he said, "You're the Luna and I trust your judgment. As for Kai, he's been by my side since the day I was born and the only day he failed me was when he lost his title. But maybe that mistake could used to our advantage now as he has no reason to stay on the pack grounds and he even gave me a reason to send him away." 

"You trust him with your life?" I asked.

He nodded without hesitation, "I trust him more than anyone else. It's the reason I assigned him as your guard." 

And I trusted him too. In the short span of time, Kai managed to become a brother to me. A fourth brother to add to my mischievous siblings. 

While Kai and Matt searched for the book, I was doing my own digging with the help of Loly and Paul. The situation I had them monitoring seemed rather normal. Yet, there was a nagging feeling inside of me that told me to keep looking. That if I kept my eye on it, I'd have solid proof of what I suspected. 

Until then, I had to bid my time. 

So, my task today was scouring old books Aiden had stacked in his rooms for anything on the Mélusine or a possible indication of where they resided. Currently, Kai was exploring the rural coastal towns in search of any sea creatures that grew a tail when go into water. If they still exist, it seemed likely they'd be living somewhere quiet and less populated. Especially if they had the book and are also hiding from the vampires. 

Aiden asked me to stay with Tourmaline for the day as we went about his daily tasks, but the little mermaid insisted she didn't need me as she swam around with the other mermaids in the pool. 

If I dare to say it, Tourmaline was becoming like a daughter to me. I didn't know how it felt to be a mother and neither would I dare to compare myself to her mother, but I did know that I'd protect her with my life. 

As much as I liked waking up in Aiden's warm arms in the morning, I also liked when Tourmaline wiggled her way between us and wake us up as the sun rise on the horizon. There's nothing better than the sound of Tourmaline and Aiden's laughs as they tickled each other and started a pillow fight. 

It just didn't feel like the day started until I hear that sound or see their bright smiles. 

Pouring myself a cup of water at Aiden's desk in his room, I heard a knock from the door above. Unfolding myself from my seat, I took the stairs two at a time before answering the door. 

"Jenny," I greeted without an ounce of enthusiasm. 

She didn't seem to interested in me either as she passed me Tourmaline's flip flops, "She left this by the pool."

Taking the tiny shoes, my eyebrows drew together, "Isn't she in the pool?"

Jenny looked at me weirdly and shook her head, "Tourmaline left the pool about ten minutes ago, she said she was coming to you."

Alpha Aiden's Protection Programजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें