Chapter 7: Jealous Judy

"This can't be real..." I trailed off as I continued to marvel at the castle.

"You've just been attacked by vampires and you don't think we can own a castle?" Paul asked from behind the wheel.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"No offence but it's hard to believe a pack of wolves can live in a fancy castle without someone breaking something every second," I replied.

Kai snorted, "Trust me, it happens."

Aiden shifted beside me with a grunt before he lowered his voice, "Could you sit back?"

It was only then that I realised just how much I was pressed up against him from leaning to peer out the window.

I scrambled back quickly into my seat because that was certainly too close for friends to sit.

We continued down a narrow stretch of road until the car slowed to a stop before large gates. I watched as it opened onto a stretch of road lined with palm trees.

"Gee Aiden, did you forget to mention you were a prince or something?" I questioned as I gave him a sideways glance.

"Or something," Was his only cryptic response as we pulled up to the front of the castle.

We sure weren't in Kansas anymore if you know what I mean.

"I'll add the beach to the list of things you didn't bother to tell me before it happened," I muttered to him as everyone started to file out of the car.

"Just wait to hear about the other thing," He quipped.

I narrowed my eyes at his back as I got out of the car, "What other thing?" When he didn't answer, I pressed, "Aiden, what other thing?"

His lips twitched in amusement, but he didn't say another word as a guy equipped with wooden daggers stepped closer us.

"Luna," He smiled with a bow, "welcome to the Oaks Pack."

I held my hand out for his, "Nice to meet you..."

"Dylan," He introduced himself as he grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, but Aiden was quick to slap his hand away.

"Don't Dylan," Aiden growled at him but Dylan simply sniggered in amusement.

"Fine," He rolled his eyes before turning to me. "It's also Gamma Dylan, the best of the best in the pack."

"More like the cockiest," Aiden tapped him over the head.

"That is what she said," Dylan shrugged and I could see the pained expression on Aiden's face from the bad joke. " Anyway, catch you later Luna, I've got patrol."

As he ran off, I heard Aiden grumbling under his breath.

I took the chance to look around at the expansive front yard. There were a few members of Aiden's pack situated around the building with either their weapons drawn or in wolf form.

And by weapons, I mean wooden daggers, spears, and arrows. I'm pretty sure if I looked harder, I'd see Buffy the vampire slayer around here somewhere.

They bowed their heads at my presence, and I nodded back as I took in the scent of the fresh ocean. It was laced with the saltwater and the fresh air. The cool breeze grazed my cheeks as I itched to go down to the coast but I'm guessing standing outside in the night wasn't a possibility with the vampires around.

It was no wonder that Aiden smelt like sea-washed mahogany and fresh waterfall. He was a part of this tropical paradise.

I was now a part of this paradise.