Chapter 32: I'd Be The Orpheus

•~Aiden's POV~•

•~Aiden's POV~

"Don't leave me," I whispered to her, my voice cracking up.

"N-n-never," She coughed up. "I-I love..."

I watched in horror as her warm umber eyes fell close and she slipped away.

"No!" I growled, tightening my hold on her feeble, unconscious body. "Tate!"

"We need to get her to the infirmary, she's lost too much blood," Dr. Nazra said, eyes worried yet keeping herself focused. "Alpha, I have to tell you, we still don't have O negative blood for a transfusion."

Her words sliced through as she began shouting for someone to track down a human from the closest town.

"Give her my blood," A voice said above me. I watch as Jenny walked around to us, determination in every step. "I have O negative blood."

I stared at her in confusion, knowing she held a deep hate for both my mate and I. Why was she suddenly offering to help?

"What's your condition?" I interrogated, knowing that she was up to something.

She straightened her back, knowing exactly her condition that needed to be met, "Swear to me that you'll find Anvi, and I'll give my blood to Tate."

I glared at her, seething with rage at the odd request, but also helpless, "Fine."

"No, I want you to Alpha swear," She emphasized.

I hoisted my mate up, getting to my feet and cradling her in my arms, being sure to mind her head, "I, Alpha Aiden Oaks, swear to you that I will find Anvi."

She nodded, appeased, "Let's go."

I didn't know whether she simply wanted Anvi back because she was a mermaid or if there was something more. And that was information I didn't have time to find out before making an oath.

Not when it came to my mate.

With each step I took to the infirmary, it felt like someone was breaking the bones in my body.

Each time the sound of her heartbeat slowed or she took too long to breath, I felt my throat constricting as if someone held me up by the neck.

This was all my mess.

If I had only kept her by my side. If I had told her what I thinking. If I begged her just a little more to stay. Maybe then we wouldn't be here.

Now I held her unconscious and cold body in my arms as I raced through the castle. My head filled with 'ifs' and 'maybes'.

And if she died... well then, I didn't know what I would possibly do with myself.

Entering the infirmary, Dr. Nazra was already grabbing everything she needed. Other wolves having already set up the needles for the transfusion.