3 - Stalker

^^Brittany Forbes

Lillian’s POV

As soon as the last bell rang, I went to my locker and got the books I was required to do homework. Closing the locker, I lumbered towards the gate and kept my head down as I walk past everyone gossiping in the hallway.

While walking I sensed someone staring at me and it’s not every day I felt that. Rotating my head, I study everyone and saw them casually roaming and laughing. I wandered my eyes, and that’s when they caught the sight of Benjamin standing at the end of the hallway with folded arms.

He didn’t have to say it again because I knew he was watching me. I turned my head again and walked faster this time avoiding everyone.

After the library incident, Benjamin made sure that he’ll keep his eyes on me but I didn’t know that he was serious about that.

Is he going to do that every day?

There’s still an entire term left and what? Is he going to follow me all the time just to make sure I won’t spill his secret?

A shrill scream left my mouth when a hand touched my shoulder.

“Woah, girl! It’s me.” Hearing the familiar voice made me relieved. I blew a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Chloe...” I whispered, whirling towards her.

She looked at me with a concerned gaze. “What the hell was that?”

I opened my mouth to answer but again felt eyes on me, and this time it wasn’t of a single person. I looked around and saw everyone in the hallway staring at me in confusion. Heat crawled up my neck at the unwanted attention.

“Nothing. Let’s go.” I mumbled. Quickly grabbing Chloe’s hand, I dashed out of the hallway.

“Easy there, girl. My feet hurt!” I slowed down, making sure I was away from the stares and glanced at Chloe’s feet.

“What happened?”

“That bit*h made us run the football ground.” My brows shot up at the mention of Brittany when she added. “Twice.”

“What?” I asked, surprised.

Our football ground was enormous. I wondered how they did it.

“She wasn’t even there, but she left her minions to watch us, and guess what?” Chloe continued with her angry look. “They were busy continuously making out in front of us!” She gagged, thinking of David and Tiana.

“What did you do then?”

“I ran.” I tilted my head, waiting for her to continue. “Twice.” She shrugged.

“What?!” I shrieked.

“Most of the girls faint before even doing one.” She chuckled lightly, then scowled. “I couldn’t let that bit*h make fun of me and get myself embarrassed so I completed the task.”

“Wow,” I whispered and glanced at her standing figure. “And you’re still able to walk.” I gaped.

“Honestly?” She plastered a smile on her face. “My feet ache as f**k and I think I’m going to fall any moment but I just want to go home and take a long warm bath.” She sighed. I blinked my eyes at her as we walked out of West high.

I admired Chloe for her efforts and for how she did everything to get to her goal. She wanted to be in the team badly and now she’s working hard to get in.

“You should take some painkillers too,” I suggested as we descend the stairs.

“Oh yeah, that too-“ She didn’t get to finish the sentence as she missed a step and was about to fall.