43 - Spring Break (4)

^^The Carnival

Lillian's POV

"Tell me how it happened?!" Chloe inquired.

"We were washing dishes and talking about the breaks, then he told me about Claire, a girl he used to like..." I explained, looking at the four curious girls in front watching me intensely. "... then I told him I like him and now we're going on a date."

"Smooth," Tiana giggled while Brittany snorted.

"Tell me if he forced you to go out with him." Madeleine cracked her knuckles. "If Ben won't do anything, I'll kick his a** for you."

"He didn't force her." Chloe calmed her down.

"She said it herself." Tiana beamed. "She likes him." I ducked my head, blushing.

"I'm still expecting a war." Madeleine shrugged.

"Let's get back to what we came here for," Brittany muttered, observing a purple dress.

We were in a small boutique in the town. Everyone was going to the carnival that was being held near the beach and the girls wanted to buy new clothes to wear and they were also choosing a perfect outfit for my first date.

At breakfast, when I went downstairs, all the boys were staring at me with stupid smirks. I didn't get it at first, but when Andrew mentioned we will go to the Carnival for the date in front of everyone; the boys weren't shocked, and I understood they knew. As for the girls, all of them were shocked and launched questions.

Andrew briefly told them the story and said we will not be with them at the Carnival since we will be on a date. My face heated when they teased us while Andrew rolled his eyes.

Last night when I lay on my bed between Madeleine and Chloe, I repeated what happened and how I confessed to him. I didn't plan but couldn't help myself. Andrew is a really sweet guy if you minus his player ways he was an ideal guy. And when he promised he wasn't playing with me, I held on to it.

"Hey, Maddie." Chloe's voice cut me off from my thoughts. "You should get this one." She showed a backless frock.

"I love you chose black, but that dress is not my type." She answered as she sat on the sofa playing a game on her phone.

I noticed Madeleine never wore revealing clothes.

"I love these for you!" Tiana bounced in front of me with two dresses. "But I can't pick one."

One was an orange off-shoulder dress with floral sleeves and the other was a blue spaghetti straps frock with a drop-shaped print on it. There was a knot on the right side and the bottom was overlapped style.

"Oh, I like both!" Chloe squealed. "This is so difficult to choose."

"I'd say neither and go for black," Madeleine mumbled without taking her eyes off her phone.

"That's why no one is asking you." Tiana rolled her eyes and turned to me. "Which one do you like since it's your date?"

"I... Uh..." I scratched my hair as I observe them. "They're both beautiful."

"But you can't wear both." Chloe sighed.

"Hey B, help us here!" Tiana pleaded.

Brittany, who was scrutinizing a pink dress, glanced up from it and darted her eyes from the dresses to me.

"Andrew likes blue." She spoke and then went inside the changing room. My eyes widened as I watched her close the door.

Did she help me?