58 - Karma

Andrew’s POV

She knew about Ben.

Sweat dripped off my forehead as I pushed my legs to my limit.

And Nate.

I heard AJ barking behind me but I ignored him and ran from I didn’t know what.

She knew about them and all this time she was lying to me-

“Woof!” I was jerked back from my thoughts when I heard the screeching of a car.

AJ clutched the back of my black tank top and yanked me back. I lost my balance and in an abrupt motion was on the ground. My eyes squeezed shut, and I winced when my butt hit the concrete ground.

F**k!

That hurt!

“Watch it a**hole!” My eyes snapped open, and I saw the driver cursing as he drove away.

I was in the middle of the road and if it wasn’t for my dog, instead of being on the ground, I would have been in a hospital bed.

“Thanks, AJ.” I rubbed his head, and I got up on my feet and he growled at me. “I’m sorry.”

“WOOF!”

“I know it was dangerous, and I said I’m sorry.”

He whirled his head the other way and began jogging toward our house. Sighing, I followed my dog and glanced up at the sky.

It was a Sunday cloudless morning with the sun shining in the middle of the sky but still; it didn’t do me any good. I couldn’t sleep the whole night thinking about last night’s events.

She knew about them all and never utter a word to me.

She trusted Brittany, who made her early days a living hell, enough to tell her about Tiana but never me, the guy who did nothing but help her.

F**k!

I rubbed my hands over my sweaty face in frustration and heard AJ barking. I looked at him and saw him running towards the guy who was sitting on the porch of my house.

My face turned into a scowl as if it already wasn’t, and I got closer to him.

“You look grown up!” Ben chuckled, scratching AJ’s ear. “I missed you too, buddy.”

AJ grunted in satisfaction but halted when he sensed my sore mood. He walked away from us to his doghouse and Ben stood up from the steps.

“What do you want?” I crossed my arms.

“You’re an A-grade a**hole.” He growled, folding his arms as well.

“Me?” I scoffed.

“Yes, you!” He took a step toward me. “If you weren’t my best friend, I would’ve buried you alive for what you did last night with Lilly.”

“You’ve always been her shining in armor, Nah?” My eyes narrowed at him. “Always there to save her-“

“If I was interested in the opposite, then I would have never let you near her and make her mine-“

Before he could finish it, my fist connected with his jaw and he stumbled back, but I wasn’t done. I launched at him and he fall on his back with me hovering over him.

“F**k!” He groaned, caught in surprise, but he got over it quickly and covered his face as I went on throwing my punches at him.

“You are taking someone else’s anger on her-“