13 - Victory

^^Miss Grace

Lillian’s POV

After David vanished around the corner, I ran to the bathroom on the upper floor. Before getting inside I cracked the door and peeked to make sure no one was there. Sighing in relief when I saw it empty, I stepped inside and strode to the mirror. My eyes widened when I saw David’s finger marks forming on my pale skin.

I stepped near the mirror and traced my fingers on the bruise and winced. It hurt a little, but the marks were really visible.

I hated my pale skin when it easily bruises. My sweater shirt had a V neck and I had nothing to cover it. I groaned and hung my head.

What am I going to do with it now?! I can’t go around like this.

After what he did to me downstairs, I didn’t want to know what he was capable of doing with me and my family and I’m not looking for any trouble.

Despite that, it attracts me like a magnet.

All I wanted was to spend the rest of my remaining years peacefully and graduate.

I blew a breath and paced the bathroom, thinking of an idea. I was always the organized one and plan everything beforehand to avoid any kind of complication, but I never imagined getting stuck in situations like this. I stopped in front of the mirror and thought of opening my hair, but that wouldn’t work either.

I had no idea how long I stayed in the bathroom but my phone ringed cutting my train of thoughts. I took my phone out of my back pocket and saw Toby’s name on it.

I took a deep breath and answered it. “Hello?”

“Where are you, Lilly?” He sniffed. “You’ve gone for about twenty minutes now. Is the stain not getting off?”

I glanced down at the sticky milkshake which I forgot about in the whole David situation. “It’s really hard to get it off,” I mumbled.

“Do you need any help?”

“No...” I gulped. “I’m almost done with it.”

“The game is about to end hurry.” He coughed, and that’s when my brain clicked.

“Hey, Toby?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m feeling freezing suddenly, can you give me your muffler?” I fake coughed. “I have nothing to wear at the moment...” I trailed off and bit my lip, not sure if it was working.

“Sure.” He answered without wasting a second.

“Thank you.” I breathe and smiled. “Can you... Uh, bring it to the girl's bathroom on the second floor?”

“Why are you on the second floor?” His voice sounded curious.

“Other were packed.” I gave him a quick answer.

The line went silent for a while. “Alright.”

Thanking him again, I hung up, and while waiting for him to come; I cleaned the stain on my pants. I was almost done when someone knocked on the door. Standing straight, I dried my pants with a tissue and stalked to the door. I narrowly opened it and peeked my head out to see Nate standing with Toby’s muffler in his hands.

“What are you doing here?” I frowned.

“Toby told me you were feeling cold, so I said I’ll bring you this.” He extended Toby’s muffler.

Aw... That’s so sweet.

“Thank you.” I gave him a sheepish smile. “Give me a minute.” Without waiting for his reply, I closed the door and ran to the mirror.