56 - Coward

^^Lillian's room

Lillian's POV

After eating ice cream and calming down Tiana, we went to Brittany's house. Andrew called me later at night and we talked for a while. He was outraged to know what happened and when I asked him what they did to David, he just told me he'll live.

He asked me to spend Sunday with him and I told him yes because I knew he needed to discuss the tornado of questions in his head. Also, my mother invited him to have dinner with us because she's dying to meet- according to her- my boyfriend.

Tiana got stressed over David, and the entire night, she threw up. Brittany almost dragged her to the hospital, but Tiana was stubborn and refused. She still didn't want anyone to know about it. I felt guilty that maybe it wasn't the right time to tell her, but it was already done.

I told Tiana my mother is a nurse and she can help her and won't even tell anyone about it. After thinking for a while Tiana agreed but said she was tired and will go the next day.

On Sunday Tiana, Brittany, and I went to the hospital. I already told my mom about the situation over the phone. She took her to a private room and checked her condition.

"Your blood pressure is high," Mom mumbled, putting the device aside.

"I wonder why," Tiana said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"First trimesters are often hard for many women." Mom explained to her as she sat on the stool in front of Tiana. "Your body is experiencing a massive change, which results in pregnancy hormones, excessive fatigue, vomiting and nausea, sore breasts, and the urge to pee frequently."

"That's all I've been feeling." Tiana groaned, sitting on the bed.

"Is the baby alright?" Brittany asked beside me.

"The baby is fine." Mom smiled and looked at Tiana seriously. "But, continuous high levels of stress can lead to health problems like high blood pressure, hypertension, premature birth, and low weight birth in babies."

"I told you not to stress over it." Brittany scolded Tiana.

"Don't blame me if I caught my boyfriend cheating on me." Tiana huffed.

My mom's eyes widened, and she glanced at me. 'I'm telling you later.', I mouthed, and she nodded.

"Have you told your parents about this?" Mom asked, making Tiana snort.

"They'll kill us before they even hear a word out of my mouth."

"Listen, dear." Mom placed a hand over her shoulder. "Teenage pregnancy is difficult, and if their parents don't support them, they face the risk of not receiving the proper prenatal care. During the first trimester, it is crucial."

"What do you need to do in Prenatal care?" Brittany asked.

"Prenatal care checks for medical issues in both the mother and the unborn child, keeps track of the baby's development, and immediately addresses any issues that may arise."

"I'll do it." Brittany shrugged and glanced at Tiana. "I'll take care of her and the baby."

Tiana's lips quivered and tears ran down her cheeks as she gazed at Brittany. I smiled, looking between the two of them.

"What else do we need to do?"

"Eat nutritious foods, get enough sleep, limit unnecessary activities, and try relaxing." Mom said, extending a magazine towards Tiana. "Have a positive network of supporters, such as your family and friends." She glanced at Brittany. "Attend a childbirth education class to learn what to expect both during pregnancy and at the time of delivery."