8 - Party time (2)

^^Jordan Vega

Lillian’s POV

We followed Toby to the kitchen, passing the living room. It was like every other typical high school party I saw in movies. The lights of the living room were dim, and the music blared as everyone danced… more like grinding to each other in the middle. We entered the kitchen and my eyes bugged out at the size of it. Their kitchen was double the size of my room!

I studied the white marble interior of the kitchen and my jaw dropped when my gaze landed on the huge double-door refrigerator

I studied the white marble interior of the kitchen and my jaw dropped when my gaze landed on the huge double-door refrigerator. I closed my mouth before I embarrass myself and stood beside Chloe. The marble-tiled island in the middle of the kitchen was filled with beer bottles and different snacks.

Toby picked three bottles and one for me and Chloe. I brought the bottle close to my nose and sniff it, the powerful smell made my body shiver. I held the bottle but didn’t drink it.

I watched as Toby and Chloe cheered and gulped the drink down, then cringed at the strong taste making me giggle.

“What are you doing here?” We turned around and saw Benjamin looking at Toby in disbelief.

He wore a grey sweater shirt with black pants and grey shoes. The radiant smile on his face told me he was delighted to see Toby.

 The radiant smile on his face told me he was delighted to see Toby

“Couldn’t miss your birthday,” Toby replied with a lopsided grin.

“And you didn’t tell me you were coming because...” Benjamin asked, eying Chloe and me.

Chloe looked between them, then glimpsed at me. “Lillian wanted to surprise you.”

Benjamin raised his brows at me. “It was your idea?” I shrugged my shoulders. Chloe clapped her hands together.

“Let’s go dance!” She tugged Toby’s arm and dragged him forwards while Benjamin and I stayed at our place. “You two coming?”

Before I could say something, Benjamin plopped his arm over my shoulder and shook me. “We’re good.”

Chloe smirked and winked at me. “Have fun!” She yanked Toby, who chuckled and followed her.

“How did you make him come here?” Benjamin asked, taking his arm off my shoulder. “He refused to come before.”