46 - Back to school

^^Principal Morgan's office

Lillian's POV

After the toe-curling kiss, I shared it with Andrew. We walked back to our group, silently holding hands and enjoying the sweet breeze. It was good to know that everything got cleared between us.

The next day, we packed our bags and went home back to our normal lives. I told my parents everything about Andrew me and my kiss. Mom began fangirling over it and asked if we were now in a relationship and I wasn't sure.

I mean, we went on a date and then kissed... Twice... but he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend, so we were still at the dating stage. It was my first time, and I wasn't sure how things worked, so I left the things for Andrew.

The weekend passed slower than ever. I kept repeating the entire week in my head and the secrets I was keeping. They felt like a burden on me, but I was glad Andrew was there to distract me. He called me at night and we chatted about whatever came to our minds.

I felt relieved, but also the secrets were nagging me, and keeping them away from Andrew felt like I was lying to him even though they weren't mine.

On Monday, I rode my cycle to my school and wondered what the day would bring me. Now that I was dating the West High Playboy. I knew I would get stinky eyes from the girls and would hear whispers when I'll walk around the hallways.

As I parked my bike and went inside the high school, everyone was chattering among themselves and none paid attention to me. Sighing in relief, I went to my locker and placed my books inside.

"Lilly!" I turned my head towards Chloe and saw her running towards me.

It felt like the first day after winter breaks when she came running and hugged me, but this time she had a frown on her face.

"What's with the face?"

"You haven't heard about it?" She tilted her head.

"About what?"

"Before the Spring breaks at Nate's party after we left. Andrew and Ben fought with Dexter's gang!"

"What?" My eyes widened. "But why?"

"No one knows the reason."

"How did you find out?" I inquired.

"Well, when I came early morning. I heard the girls gossiping in the bathroom. They were there when the fight happened." She said, looking around and then stepping towards me. "Everyone was talking about it so I asked Louis, but he wasn't aware of it either, then Maddie told me."

"What?" I questioned, closing my locker.

"She said they were playing games in the basement, then heard a commotion upstairs and when they got there, they saw Andrew and Ben beating Dexter and his gang into a pulp and when they asked what happened, Andrew and Ben refused to answer." She finished it all in one breath. "Nate also knows what happened, but he isn't telling anyone either."

I think I know what might have happened. This was the reason I didn't tell Andrew what Dexter did with me. Despite that, they got in a fight.

I was about to open my mouth but the chattering in the corridor paused and everyone made way for... Guess who...

The Clichés.

Deja vu.

The same feeling I had at the start of the year came back as I watched the group confidently walk past the crowd and not paying attention to anyone.

This time, one thing was different.

My eyes didn't go to Nate instead, they remained on Andrew and I saw him looking at me intensely with a smirk on his face. He walked past everyone in a rush and pulled me into a bear hug.