57 - Surprise

Lillian's POV

The next week went by peacefully. Nate came back to his usual self. Tiana was getting better and David was nowhere to be found. The student body knew what David did to Tiana, and she was pregnant with his baby, but no one dared to utter a word knowing she got the protection of the Clichés.

On Friday, I went to Louis to ask him about his plans for Chloe's birthday.

"Chloe's birthday is on Monday?!" He shrieked. "She didn't tell me!"

"I think because she wants you to surprise her."

"How will I do that if I didn't even know?" His shoulders slumped.

"Now you do." I chuckled.

"She's just like Maddie." He grumbled.

"Huh?" I tilted my head.

"Maddie's birthday was yesterday."

"What?!" My jaw dropped. "You guys planned nothing for her?"

"It wasn't our choice." He scoffed and crossed his arms. "Maddie doesn't enjoy celebrating her birthday, that's why we never did it."

"Why?"

"Don't know." He shrugged.

Maybe I already know the answer to it.

"How about we plan a surprise post-birthday for Maddie and pre-birthday for Chloe?" I suggested.

"That is an awesome idea!" He exclaimed, then pouted. "But I don't know if Maddie will be up for it."

"We'll be celebrating two birthdays. I'm sure Maddie won't mind it." Louis bobbed his head and agreed with me. "We can keep it simple. Just us guys, no one from outside."

"I like the sound of it." He gave me a toothy grin.

We told everyone about our plan, including Madeleine, but we kept her birthday a surprise. Brittany told them to do it at their house since their father won't be home and Chloe won't suspect.

The next day, we went to the Forbes house and prepared the living room with birthday decorations. We kept the customized birthday banner hidden from Madeleine since her name was also written on it.

Around six in the evening, Louis went to pick Chloe up from her house and we got ready. I wore a maroon V-neck loose tee with white pants and shoes. Brittany was trying to fit Tiana in a white frock while she cursed and after a few minutes of torture, they gave up and Tiana wore a brown, loose, three-layered frock. To match her, Brittany also wore the same but in black color.

"If you guys are done, can we leave?" Madeleine grumbled, dangling her feet as she sat on the bed.

She wore a tee on which two skeletons were printed with a black legging.