51 - Storm (2)

^^Gym room

Lillian's POV

"Tell me what?" He repeated through his gritted teeth.

"A-Andrew." I got up from my seat and took a slow step toward him, but halted when he narrowed his piercing blue eyes at me.

With his jaw clenched, his eyes examined the room and his fists clutched. I glanced at the beautiful Lily bouquet in his hands and my heart dropped.

He brought flowers for me...

And my favorite ones.

"What is it you want to tell me?" He inquired.

I side glimpsed at Ben and saw him staring at the floor with his lips pressed into a thin line. His shoulders were tensed, and he kept swallowing, darting his eyes on the floor absently like something was running in his head.

He's not ready.

"Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?" Andrew asked, making me look at him. His narrowed gaze darted back and forth between me and Ben. "Between you two?"

My eyes widened, and my heartbeat almost stopped at that.

He is thinking wrong.

"Andrew..." I said, but it came out as a whisper. "It's nothing..." I tried, but I could speak up. I didn't know why, but I was feeling terrified.

"Dude..." Ben finally snapped out of his trace and stepped forward, running his finger through his hair in confusion. "It's not what you think."

"Really?!" He let out a dry laugh, making my stomach clench. "Then care to explain to me why the f**k you are in her house alone and naked?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, and Ben groaned. Of course, he thinks something is going on here. Ben was still shirtless, and we were having breakfast in my living room after the storm last night.

"Drew... I know this looks..." Ben searched for words in his head. "Bad, but it's not what you think it is. You know the storm that happened last night? My car broke, and I came here-"

"Last night?!" Andrew snarled and darted his eyes at me. "You said you were alone."

"I-I was alone when you called Andrew," I said, getting my voice back. "He came after that."

"Is he telling the truth?" He asked, and I halted.

"Andrew... Let me explain." I gulped.

"Then explain." His chest heaved with anger and his fists clenched.

I knew he was trying to control himself. Jealously was written all over his face and he didn't even hide the fact.

"I..." I trailed off.

My eyes darted from Andrew to behind him at Toby. He was casually walking into the living room but wavered in his steps when he saw Andrew. His eyes bugged out, and he looked at me and Ben. Andrew's back was on him so he didn't see him. Toby, without wasting another second, tiptoed backward.

"Lillian." I flinched when I heard Andrew say my name.

I've heard him say it a lot of times, but this time it was full of sadness and hurt.

"Drew, I'm telling you-" Ben stepped between us, but Andrew stopped him.

"I don't want to listen to you!" He fumed. "Since this year has begun, you have nothing but lied to me and hidden things, so no Benjamin F**king Forbes. I don't want to listen to your lies anymore. Move!"

Ben cursed and shifted aside as Andrew stood in front of me, toe to toe, and looked deep into my eyes.

"Lillian. What is going on?" He asked darting his eyes between mine. I opened my mouth again, but nothing came out. "Please say something."