35 - Dexter

^^Bio class

Lillian's POV

On Monday at high school, I sat in my bio class listening to my teacher explaining the assignment we had to do in pairs for the entire week. I knew I will have to do it alone like the others before this, so I quietly sat on my seat while others began making pairs.

Putting my arms on the table, I leaned my head and closed my eyes. My mind was filled with all the secrets and the weird dream I had of Andrew. The strange feeling of seeing him disappointed with me was still there and I couldn't get rid of it. I didn't know why I was even feeling like that.

It's just a dream, Lillian.

Get rid of it.

I heard someone clearing their throat but kept my head ducked, thinking someone must have a fever or something.

Here's what I'll do.

Now I'm going to hide every time I see him to prevent any more embarrassing encounters.

First, he saw me coming out of the boys' bathroom, then drunk in a gay bar and with the test strips in the supermarket and-

The person cleared their throat again and a little louder this time. I peeked through my eyes to see someone's silhouette standing in front of me. Gradually dragging my eyes up to the person's head, I saw a redhead boy who is also in my bio class standing there with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Do you have a partner?" He asked, his voice a little husky.

"Huh?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Do you have a partner for the assignment?" He repeated, and I deliberately shook my head. His smile stretched into a grin and he sat on the empty seat next to me. "I don't either. Hope you don't mind having me as one."

I blinked my eyes and watched as he placed his books on the counter.

I'm confused.

"Ah, sorry, where are my manners?" He gave a nervous chuckle. "I'm Dexter." He extended his hand.

I cautiously grabbed his hand and he wiggled it a little. "I'm Li-"

"Lillian." He gave me a toothy grin, letting go of my hand. "I know."

He does?

"You're quite famous." He shrugged.

I am?

"Yeah... You're with the Clichés."

Me? With the Clichés?

"Why do sound so surprised?" He dropped his head with an amused smile on his face and my eyes grew big when I realized I was saying all that out loud.

"I..." I cleared my throat and sit a little straight. "I'm not with the Clichés."

"It doesn't look that way." He plopped his elbow on the table and leaned his head in his hand. "Everyone has seen you hanging around with them and your friend Chloe."