44 - Spring Break (5)

^^Ferris Wheel

Lillian's POV

I sat still, shocked, as the Ferris wheel carriage came to a stop. First, it disappointed me he didn't want to kiss me, and now when he admitted he wants but was only stopping so he didn't want to scare me away made my heart explode.

Every girl dreams of having their first kiss on a unique occasion with a special person.

Do I want my first kiss to be with a guy I like sitting on the top of the Ferris wheel?

Yes.

But how do I you say that to the guy without feeling embarrassed?

"What if uh..." I trailed off, playing with my trembling fingers when I couldn't form the words.

"What if?" His voice perked up.

"What if I don't think of it like that?" I murmured, ducking my head so my hair would cover my red face.

What am I thinking?!

I focused on my fingers on my lap as I impatiently waited for Andrew to say something, anything, but he remained quiet. The carriage moved a little but stopped again as people got out of it.

Andrew's finger came into my vision, and he put it under my chin. Moving my head up, he scooted a little closer to me. I squeezed my legs as he got his on either side of mine.

"Look at me." He whispered.

I deliberately moved my eyes up to his. His electric blue eyes were darker than before and he looked intensely into mine.

"Say that again."

"I..." I opened my mouth, but it suddenly felt dry. Clearing my throat, I sat straight, but he kept his finger under my chin. "I don't think that you're playing with me."

"Do you trust me?" The carriage moved again.

"Yes," I answered without hesitation, and the carriage halted.

Gazing into my eyes, he moved his hand to my left cheek and tucked my hair behind my ear. I gulped when he bent his face closer till our noses touched. He rested his hand on my cheek and my eyes fluttered closed as I leaned to his touch.

My heart drummed in my ear when his breath came over my lips. Ever so slowly, I felt something soft touch it and my eyes wide opened.

We... We are kissing!

Andrew's eyes were closed as he pressed his lips to mine. My eyes flickered shut again, and it surprised me at how soft his lips were. After a few seconds, he pulled away from me a little but didn't move.

His breath fanned my lips, which were throbbing for the touch again. I felt Andrew's gaze at me, but I kept my eyes shut. Gulping, I leaned my head this time and pressed my lips to his again.

He sucked a quick breath and moved his hand from my cheek into my hair and pulled my head towards him. Putting my hands on his shoulders to keep myself steady, I tilted my head, and a shiver went down my spine when he tugged my lower up.

"Eh ehem."

We jolted back from each other as something burned us when we heard someone coughing. Panting, we stared at each other in shock. We were so engrossed that we didn't notice the carriage stopped.

"If you're both done, can you get out?" I turned my head towards the guy who was holding the door of the carriage with a smug look. "I don't mind the show, but we need to keep this thing running."

"Sorry," I mumbled and got out, with Andrew trailing behind me.

The people standing in the line who saw us had smirks on their faces and some guys wolf-whistled, making my face burn with embarrassment as we walked out.