34 - Positive

^^Tiana Woods

Lillian's POV

Slowly heaving, I steady my breath as I hid behind the bushes. Gulping, I moved some leaves and peeped through them to see Andrew scratching his head and searching for me while AJ barked at him.

After being stalked by Ben and him in high school now I was an expert in recognizing when someone was following me.

When I realized he was behind me, I picked my pace. I didn't want him to know where I was going or else things would have gotten out of control and then I would have had to answer a lot of questions. Riding my bicycle at as much speed as I could, I turned around the street and hid behind the first thing I found.

The bushes.

"Let's go, AJ. She's not here." I heard Andrew saying, and he jogged backward with him.

I blew a breath in relief and after a few minutes of waiting for them to go ahead further; I got up and picked my cycle out of the other bushes.

"Ouch!" I winced when the thorn cut my finger and I hastily put it in my mouth to suck the blood.

Why do I always get in trouble?

When the pain relieved a little, I dusted my bicycle seat and mounted it. Taking a deep breath, I began pushing in the direction Tiana gave me.

I knew I didn't have to do this for her, but I felt a kind of guilty for keeping David's secret from her. Even though it wasn't intentional and I wanted to tell her so badly but I couldn't. So I thought maybe I would feel less miserable if I help her in this situation.

Andrew's face flickered in my head when he saw those test strips in my hands. His radiant blue eyes were wide open and his jaw looked like it was about to fall to the ground. I felt extremely embarrassed and couldn't think of anything.

I didn't know why, but I felt the need to explain to him it wasn't for me and wanted to clear it before he assumed something else. Though there was no need for that but deep inside I don't want him to think of me as a hooker.

Shaking my head to get rid of the scene, I stopped in front of the steel entrance, and without asking for anything, the guard let me in. I thanked him and walked inside with my cycle. Tiana bungalow was a double-story bungalow covered with greenery.

Every house on this side of the area fascinated me with its unique style and structures, while every house in my area is the same

Every house on this side of the area fascinated me with its unique style and structures, while every house in my area is the same. Tiana's house was no doubt as amazing as the others.

Stepping on the porch, I was about to press the doorbell but paused when the main door burst open and Tiana came out.

"You're late." That was the only thing she uttered and abruptly yanked me inside.

Before I could say something or look at the interior of her house, she dragged me to the stairs quickly and quietly. It was clear that she didn't want others to know about my visit. She stopped in front of the brown door, which I presumed was her room. Opening the door, she pushed me inside, then locked the door behind her.