18 - Thank you and sorry

^^New chandelier

Lillian's POV

On Saturday I woke up with a throb in my head. I got little sleep last night because I was searching for different ways to fix the chandelier and found nothing. I looked for new ones but they were expensive, I couldn't even afford to buy their structures.

I yawned and got up from my bed. It was seven in the morning and I only got three hours of sleep. I walked to my wardrobe and look for something to wear. It wasn't a school day, so I had to wear something casual. I always prepared my things at night but didn't get the chance to do it last night.

Since the beginning of this year, everything's been different.

After minutes of searching in my small closet, I took out my purple turtleneck sweater shirt with light blue jeans, perfect to cover my fading bruise. It's been a week since it happened and I was covering it carefully at home and school, but Andrew caught me off yesterday and he saw it. It's not that visible, but he still noticed it.

Lumbering to the hall, I went inside the bathroom and took a quick shower

Lumbering to the hall, I went inside the bathroom and took a quick shower. I wrapped my hair with the towel and changed into my clothes. Standing in front of the mirror, I observed my face. I had eye bags and my eyes were still red from sleep. I applied moisturizer on my face and lip balm on my chap lips. Not knowing what to do with the eye bags, I unwrapped the towel and pat dried my hair because first I don't like to waste electricity, and second; I don't have a dryer.

After drying my hair and I walked to my room and picked up my glasses, bag and phone then went downstairs. Mom and dad, as usual, were playing their crossword.

"Good morning!" I said, yawning, and put my bag down beside the wall.

"Morning." They greeted me back, and I was about to sit when the doorbell rang. All of us frowned at each other. I glanced at the clock and it was around eight.

Who could be here this early?

"Are we expecting someone?" Mom asked dad, and he shrugged.

"I'll go check it," I said and strode towards the door. The bell rang again, and I looked through the peephole before opening it.

My eyes bugged out when I saw the last person I expected to be. As if he felt my gaze, he glanced straight in the peephole, and I jerked back.

What the...

"Who is it?!" Dad asked from the kitchen.

"Uh... It's someone from my school!" I replied.

I stood with my hand on the doorknob, debating if I should open it or not, and the bell rang again. Against my will, I cracked the door and peeked my head out. Andrew looked at me, and his lips stretched into a grin.

This grin is not a good sign.

"Hi." He said waving his fingers then shoved his hands in his jeans pocket. I gave him a once-over. He wore a black and white check jacket with a white shirt and black jeans.