40 - Spring Break (1)

^^Spencer's Beach house

Lillian's POV

I stood with my brother as we watched Andrew drive away. When he was out of sight, I side glared at my brother.

"You are a terrible actor."

"Terrible?!" He shrieked and snapped his head towards me. "I am an incredible actor. Didn't you see how much I frightened him?" He burst out laughing, slapping his knee.

"Not funny Luke," I grumbled. "He was only helping me out tonight and look what you did."

"I was being a protective brother." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You were being a nosy brother," I said deadpan, then remembered his earlier statement. "And how do you even know him?"

"Jonathan told me about him." He answered, getting his luggage out of his car. When he saw the confusion on my face, he added. "He came to pick you from the gay club."

"Oh, that..." I adjusted my glasses when I remembered it.

"Yeah... He told me that some guy named Andrew came to get you from the club when you were drunk and how protective he was for you-"

"No, he wasn't." I denied.

"Deny all you want, little sis." He closed his car's gate after getting his baggage out. "I saw how the guy looks at you." He smirked, and I ducked my head in embarrassment. "Mom also told me about him."

"Of course she did." I groaned.

"She's shipping you two." He grinned. "She's pretty sure that you two are going to end up together. It's mother's intuition, she said."

I didn't know what and how to answer him, so I changed the topic.

"Let's go inside." I grabbed his suitcase and dragged it towards the gate while he picked up his other bags and laughed.

"Is my little Lillian blushing?" He teased.

"Am not," I grumbled.

"You are." He chuckled, then got serious. "By the way. What's on Monday?"

"We're going to the beach."

"You two?" He inquired in a shrill voice.

"No. Not only us. My friends and his friends in a group." I spell it out for him.

"Wow..." He beamed, opening the door. "The guy is fast."

Groaning, we entered and went to the living room. Mom and Dad were sitting there, and they were thrilled when they saw Luke with me. Mom being mom began crying and kissing him all over the face while Dad being dad hugged him and patted his back.

After that, we all ate dinner together, and Luke told his college tales. Mom asked why he didn't bring his girlfriend home and he told her he broke up with her because she cheated on him and I felt bad for him.

Why do people do that?

When they are not interested in someone, can't they just end things with them? But no, they have to hurt them in all the ways they can.

Luke said he wasn't sad, but I knew he was hurt. My brother is the sweetest guy any girl could get. He's loyal, and he does everything he can and sometimes beyond that for the people he loves.

Mom reassured him he'll find the only one for him soon. Then the tables turned towards me and I told them I was spending the breaks with the Clichés. I honestly told Mom that Andrew asked me and also Louis and Chloe became a couple. She was ecstatic about it and began praying that things work out for me and Andrew too.