17 - Mishap

^^Andrew's Aston Martin

Lillian's POV

"LOOK OUT!"

My head snapped towards the chandelier that was close to us and I froze in my place as I watched it fall.

Andrew pushed me to the wall behind us and stood in front of me like a shield. My eyes automatically squeezed shut when the cracking sound of woods and chattering of the lights and crystal echoed through the room.

There was pin-drop silence in the hall. I peeked through my eyes to see my hands on Andrew's chest and felt his heart beating furiously under my hand. My back was against the wall, and Andrew's hands were on either side of me. I swallowed hard and slowly angled my neck up to see him staring at me with his wide blue eyes, both of us breathing heavily. Heat crawled up my neck because of the proximity.

The gasping and murmuring sound of everyone snapped us out. I took my hands off his chest and Andrew jolted himself away from me in a flash as I burned him and blinked his eyes at me.

I averted my gaze from him and glanced at the chandelier, and my eyes bugged out. The whole thing was broken into pieces. I stepped closer as everyone formed a circle around it. Some cursed, seeing their hard work ruined.

"What the hell are we going to do now?!" a girl from the committee cried. "The whole thing is broken!"

"How the f**k did this happen?!" Nate shouted. Everyone looked at each other and not knowing who it was.

I ducked my head and mumbled. "It was my fault."

"This happens when you let a nerd do things!" someone said and everyone started criticizing me.

"What are we going to do now?!"

"We only have a day left for the event!"

"Guys, hold on-" Nate tried to calm the commotion, but it didn't work. Tears filled my eyes, but I closed them as I listened to them quietly.

I will not cry in front of them like a baby.

"We worked so hard on it!"

"F**k, that was a waste of time!"

"It is all her fault-"

"Shut up!" Andrew roared and immediately everyone slammed their mouths. "It was my fault."

"Huh?" With wide eyes, I stared at him as he stood beside me.

"I was the one who pushed her to the pillar." He lied.

"Why did you do that?" Nate growled.

"Because she was in my way." Andrew shrugged, and Nate scrunched his face in confusion.

"But that will not undo all this." A blond guy from the committee pointed at the mess. "What are we going to do about it?" He turned towards Nate.

"Miss Grace is going to kill us." A girl mumbled.

"No one is going to inform this to Miss Grace." Nate sternly said. "We'll figure something out."

"It won't be easy to hide." The Blond guy said. "We have a budget to maintain and now we have to buy everything for this." He pointed at the chandelier. "And don't forget about the damaged pillars."

"How are we even going to fix this?! We have other things to do according to the schedule!"

"I can help rebuild it." I offered.

The guy scoffed. "It took the entire team to make it in days and what... You're going to make it alone in a day?" I hung my head in embarrassment when everyone snickered.