48 - Dinner (1)

^^Pierce's house

Lillian's POV

Blowing a breath of relief, I got up from my seat with the exam sheets in my hands and walked to Mrs. Peterson, the librarian of our school, who was invigilating me for my last paper.

"I'm done," I extended my answer sheet to her.

She glanced up from her the book she was engrossed in towards me than the clock. "You still have an hour."

"I'm done."

"Want to recheck?"

"Already did." I beamed.

"Alright." She chuckled and took it from me. "Let me review it for you."

"Sure." I watched her skim through the papers.

"Impressive." She placed the sheet aside and plopped her arms on her desk. "You're good to go."

"Thank you." I grabbed my back from the desk.

"How is Mr. Pierce?" She asked with a teasing smile on her face.

Mrs. Peterson saw me studying in the library with Andrew for my makeup exams. At first, it surprised her to see me with a human being other than Chloe, and was even more stunned when Andrew declared to her we were dating.

"He's... Healthy." I answered lamely.

"Healthy?" She laughed. "No wonder he fell for your sweetness."

"Um..." I coughed and adjusted my glasses.

"You two look cute together." She gushed, making me flush. "I can see you two going a long way."

"Hopefully..." I whispered. "I'll leave now."

"Sure." She giggled.

"See you around, Mrs. Peterson," I said, placing my bag strap over my shoulder.

"You know where to find me." She smiled, and I returned it, walking out of the classroom into the hallway.

As always, Andrew was standing outside, playing on his phone to pass the time. Sensing my presence, he glanced up from his phone, and his lips curled into a swooning smile.

"You're early."

"It was easy." I shrugged, and he chuckled.

"What are you expecting?" He asked, putting his phone in his pocket.

"A," I answered, and he smirked, stepping in front of me.

"Oh, you'll get an A." He put his hands on my waist and leaned to my ear. "A for Andrew." He whispered, sending goosebumps down my spine.

My eyes widened when I got what he was saying, and I smacked his arm.

"Pervert," I mumbled as heat crawled up my neck.

"Ouch!" He winced, letting go of me, and I strode away. "You seriously need to learn how to flirt."

"I do not." I grimaced and stopped at my locker.

"Yeah, you do." He gave me an arrogant smile and leaned closer to my face. "It'll be my honor to give you lessons."

"God, Andrew," I grunted and stuff my books in my locker while he burst out laughing. "You're an idiot."

"Have I ever told you how cute you look when you blush?"

"A hundred times," I mumbled as my inside warmth and I closed my locker.

"Still not enough." He beamed and interlaced our fingers as we ambled through the empty corridor. I observed the upcoming prom posters on the walls.

Prom was a month away, and that made me realize the Clichés were about to graduate. It felt like it was yesterday when the new year began and now we were halfway through our term.