5 - Mystery Girl

^^Toby McLean

Lillian’s POV

After getting saved by Benjamin from the Clichés, I attended my remaining classes. In my last class, I asked one of Chloe’s friends, who was also with me in biology, for the lecture I missed. First, she didn’t recognize me, but when I referred to Chloe, she happily gave it to me.

Then I made my way toward the library to meet Toby and Ben. On my way, I felt someone following me but when I turned I found no one. Maybe I was being paranoid since Benjamin started sneaking on me.

I entered the library and saw a few students sitting there. Passing a smile to Mrs. Peterson, I walked towards the maths section of the library.

As I circled the shelf, I saw Toby and Benjamin sitting on the bench and I blew a breath in relief when I found them talking. I didn’t want to relive the moment.

“I’m glad you’re here.” I smiled, getting their attention.

“Ben was telling me about the Clichés and the stunt they pulled on you,” Toby said, grinning at me. “I’m impressed you said nothing.”

“I know how to keep my mouth shut.” I shrugged.

“Why are we here again?” Benjamin asked, crossing his arms and leaning back.

“You have to stop the stalking.” I firmly said, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

“I told him not to do it.” Toby rolled his eyes at his boyfriend. “But he won’t listen.”

“Don’t blame me for not trusting a stranger.” He grumbled, eyeing me.

“And that’s why I called you here,” I said, making them look at me. “Tell me how can I make you trust me Benjamin and I’ll do anything.”

They raised their brows at me, then side glanced at each other. “You’ll do whatever I say?”

I nodded my head confidently even though I was shaking from inside, but I had to make him trust me.

“Give us a minute.” They said and turned their back on me.

My brows furrowed in confusion as I watched them whispering. I leaned my ear to listen but still didn’t get what they were talking about.

After a good ten minutes, they both turned toward me. Benjamin had a scowl on his face while Toby was smiling.

“How about you tell us your secret?” Toby suggested. “That way we’ll be even.”

I flickered my eyes to Benjamin, who rolled his. “I had a better plan, but he thought that would be unfair to you.”

“What was your idea?” I asked, curiously.

“Trust me.” Toby scoffed. “You don’t want to know.”

I gulped and nodded. “Okay then.” I pondered for a while but got nothing. “I don’t have a secret,” I mumbled.

Benjamin snorted. “Everyone has one so just tell us and be over with this.”

“I’m not sure-”

“I’m going with my plan-“ Benjamin started, but Toby cut him.

“We are not doing it.” Toby squinted his eyes at him, then glanced at me. “There has to be something... anything.”

Without thinking, I blurted. “I’m a virgin...?” It came out more like a question.

For a second they both stared at me, then burst to laugh. I ducked my head in shame and groaned.

Secrets keeperजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें