53 - Getting caught

^^Nate Spencer

Lillian's POV

As soon as the bell rang, I gathered my books and strode out of the classroom toward my locker. On my way, I heard everyone chattering about the morning event. I smiled and opened my locker when I heard my fellow students saying it was an epic move Ben pulled and no one ever suspected him.

I was happy to see how people reacted to it. No one- not that they had any courage to- mock Ben. They applauded Ben and Toby and wished them a happy life ahead.

But I couldn't say the same about clichés.

They weren't judging Ben for his sexuality, rather; they were shocked about the fact, and being his friend, they were oblivious of it.

After putting my books in the locker, I closed it and walked toward the cafeteria. Andrew told me he'll be waiting for me outside the cafeteria.

I was glad things were good between us again. I was afraid of how to act in front of him, but Ben covered it all when he disclosed his secret. After that, when Andrew asked me, I told him everything and my heart felt light like a burden was taken off.

When I turned around the corridor, I bumped into someone. Wincing when my nose clashed with the guy's chest, I pinched my nose.

"Shit!" I froze at the familiar voice and looked up to see a redhead guy I wasn't planning on seeing ever again.

His eyes widened when he recognized me and took a step back, creating a space between us. I was surprised to see he knew the meaning of personal space. He looked around like a paranoid person for someone, then back at me.

"I'm sorry Lillian. I didn't see you." He shuddered to look nervous.

Shouldn't I be nervous around him?

"It's alright," I mumbled, rubbing my nose. "I kind of bumped into you."

"I'm talking about..." He trailed of and my brows frowned. "You know... What happened before the spring breaks..."

My body tensed when he mentioned that, and I gulped. Now that I look at his face closely, I saw faded bruises over his jaw and a purple mark under his eye. I knew this was terrible of me to think like this, but I was glad Andrew and Ben beat him.

He deserves it.

"You don't have to speak of that, Dexter." I stepped around to pass him, but he stopped me.

"Listen Lillian-" He grabbed my arm, but I swatted it.

"Don't touch me." I snapped.

"My bad." He put his hands in surrender. "Listen, I want to apologize. I mean no harm."

"You've down enough harm to last." I crossed my arms and his shoulders slumped.

"I know what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have forced myself on you."

"Then why do you do it?"

"I heard everyone talking about you, Ben and Andrew and Fiona also told me some things so I thought-"

"You thought you should try your luck?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I thought you were playing hard to get, and I'm sorry. I don't force myself on people and that's why I stopped."

"Well, I'm glad you stopped," I said sarcastically. "No wonder what you would have done-"

"I wouldn't have done anything that you didn't want-"

"I think we have talked enough about this." I cut him.

"Alright." He bobbed his head, taking a step back. "I've been staying away from you because I was ashamed of what happened and after what Ben did today, I realized I was wrong about you... Everyone was wrong about you two."