Chapter Thirty Five: BCS- Not Just A Homeware Store

Ben was still on one knee looking up at me; in his hands was a jewellery box. A dainty box with a dainty ring inside it. The ring was stunning and very dainty. 9 caret white gold with a massive diamond right in the middle of the band. I looked down into Ben's luxurious eyes, mine full with tears. I tried to produce words but nothing worked. I just made noises. Unearthly noises. "Well?" Ben smiled, still on one knee. I gave up trying to produce words and nodded my head whilst trying to wipe my tears away. "Yes. Yes, I'll marry you!" I smiled as Ben slid the ring upon my quivering finger before arising to his feet to look me in the eye and kiss me, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose with his nose. My eyes fell shut as our lips touched, his hands slowly moved from my hands to my hips, pulling me carefully closer towards him, his eyes also falling shut.

Seconds had passed and our eyes opened once more, his forehead resting on mine. "I promised your Uncle Sam one thing when I last spoke to him," Ben whispered as he looked me in the eye. "What was that?" I asked smiling away. "I promised him two things actually. One was to remind you everyday how much you mean to me until the day I pass. Two, was to look after you and cherish you for forever and a day. And I remind you everyday so I'm doing that right. But one thing I didn't do that well was to cherish you." Ben said smiling, "Well I did but not as well as I would have liked, so to insure I do it properly I placed this ring upon your finger, as symbol of my affection and to prove to you day in and day out, that we are in this for a long time." My eyes welled up, I took a step back and looked my fiancé up and down. "That is sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, if only Sam was here right now to see this." I said smiling looking up at the sky. "He saw it, do not worry. He's up there looking down on you & he will always look down on you. He will be your guardian angel forever" Ben smiled looking up also.

18:45

The Bedroom

I stood in the front of the long mirror, in just my bra & pyjama bottoms, admiring my bump. My hands fell upon my belly, as I noticed stretch marks. "Claud?" Ben said softly as he opened the door slowly. "You can come in." I smiled as I turned my head slightly to face Ben. Ben walked in and smiled as he clocked my bump. "My beautiful girls." He said as he walked over to me, turning me back around in the mirror so we were both facing it. Ben placed his hands on my belly as we rocked slightly, side to side, my feet on his, when he whispered, "Aren't you cold without your top?" I shook my head and smiled; "Not now you are here." Ben chuckled, "You cheesy little goofball! God I do love you." He wrapped his arms around my body, his arms resting on my stomach slightly. I looked Ben in the eye with the aid of the mirror and smiled before pulling my phone out of my pyjama bottom pocket to take a quick picture of this moment for my Instagram account. "What are you captioning this one, my love?" Ben asked, peering over my shoulder to see what I write. "BCS- not just a home-ware store but the Cumberbatch squad." I replied as I typed. "Perfect!" Ben smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.