Chapter Fifty Eight: Cloak and Dagger

"So you sorted it out then?" I asked through a crumpet as Ben, Alice and I sat around the dining room table eating our breakfast. "Baby, I spoke to Mr Gold. I told him everything and I gave him a piece of my mind!" Ben smiled and he fed Alice her banana and berries. I smiled back in return, thanking him for what he did. As we ate, the summer sun shone through the window and filled it with life. Ben's nude torso glistened and his boxers looked extremely white. Alice's little curls shone and her blue eyes sparkled. My family looked beautiful. I felt so proud to have such an amazing family. I looked down at my wrists and a sense of guilt and disappointment flooded my body. "Ben, I want to cover these up for good." I say keeping my eyes on my wrists. "How so, baby?" Ben asked, looking at them also. "I want to get a tattoo." I say with a slight smile to my words. Ben looked surprised at my request, "A tattoo, Baby?" Ben asked confused, "Surely we could just use oils to disguise your scars?" I looked at Ben and sighed "Please, can I have a small tattoo? I've been wanting one for ages." I say, not trying to grovel. "Sweetie, are you sure you want this?" Ben asked, reaching across the table for my hands. I nodded. "Okay, well how about I come with you to get it done. Mum and Dad are taking Alice to the park today, so how about we go today?" Ben asked kissing my knuckles. I grinned and nodded, "Thank you." I said with a happy tone. "Right, finish your crumpets, Princess and go and get changed and then we can go out and get you inked... I think that's what the tattooists say, isn't it?" Ben chortled and kissed my knuckles before allowing me to continue to eat.

Once I was finished, I went and changed into a white floral crochet tank top, black frayed cuffed denim shorts with black lace-up combat boots. Very summery! I brushed my wild brown locks into a pony tail and I painted my lips a ruby red, and shadowing my eyes a gorgeous pink colour. My lashes were painted neatly and my cheeks powdered a delicate pink. As I finished getting ready, and gathering my tattoo ideas, which I had drawn at university, a little person crawled in. Her palms of her hand hitting the floor harshly as she sped and hid behind my legs. "No! No!" She giggled as she sat in just her nappy. As she hid, Benedict ran in after her with her little outfit. A pink and white dress with delicate pink spots scattered all over it and white shorts with pink spots all over it. "Alice, Sweetpea, Mummy is making herself look absolutely more beautiful, even though, I don't think that is possible. I don't think she wants you hugging her leg." Ben chuckled, sitting on the floor by my legs, so he was faced with Alice who sat gurgling and giggling. She waved her hands at him and she continued to chant the word No at her daddy. "Please, baby!" Ben sighed, pouting at the baby. She continued to giggle. "Don't make Smaug come. You know what happens when Smaug comes." Ben smirked at the baby. She clapped her hands rapidly at this idea. Ben stood up and his Smaug voice kicked in, "I AM FIRE" He roared "I AM DEATH. YOU WILL WEAR THIS PRETTY DRESS!" He continued to roar as he scooped Alice up as I sat watching, filming it all on my phone. Alice squeed and finally gave in, allowing Ben to dress her. I sat on the bed next to Ben who was still wiggling our daughter into her clothes. "Are you sure you want this tattoo?" Ben asked looking at me with a smile on his face. I nodded and took Alice on to my lap to brush her hair, "Yes, I am sure. Ben, it's something I've been wanting for ages, and I finally have the money to get and it is something personal." I said with a smile, combing Alice's hair and sliding her little pink summer hat on. In her hands she gripped her rabbit and played with its ears. She smiled and giggled to herself, amused by her actions. Ben chuckled and stood up wearing his blue Lacoste polo shirt with black shorts. Tight at his calves, his legs looked mighty fine. His feet were fashioning a pair of white converse tied neatly and secure. His curls though were a royal mess. "It just won't do as I ask of it." Ben sighs and attempts to comb his hair back with his fingers, but it just falls back into place. I chuckled and reached for my brush and hairspray. Kneeling behind Sherlock Holmes, I placed a kiss on his cheek before I started to comb. Brushing his hair, his curls would hiss and try to squirm away. I wasn't having this! "Look, you will stay where I ask, or I will use the power of hair spray. No male hair should have to be inflicted with that." I smirked as I spoke to Ben's hair. His hair didn't agree. I brushed and used various products to keep it tamed and to do as I asked. It worked. Ben sat smiling to himself as I continued to fuss over him, straightening his collar out as I placed delicate kisses over his neck and along his jaw line, as my fingers buttoned his polo shirt up. "Sweetie, I've missed you so much. Your delicate touch, your soft kisses, your beautiful aroma. I've missed it all. I've even missed the way you sleep. The way you cocoon and steal the duvet from me during the early hours of the morning and then you'd throw it back over me when you wake up so I don't realise. Oh, I've noticed, Beautiful." Ben smiled as he looked me up into the eye, by tilting his head back gently. "I've missed you too." I smiled and kissed his nose, delicately as his cheeks blushed.