Chapter Twenty One: Sweet & Spicey

We arrived at a forest in the middle of nowhere. The forest was dark as the trees teamed together to form an over hanging shelter, to protect us from the sun what was seeping through the shelter. We walked through the woodland whilst squirrels were chasing each other up and down the trees, weaving around the branches. Birds were singing merry little songs from the depths of the woods, guiding us through safely. Flowers decorated the pathway acting like boarders, forming a rainbow formation. Poppies, dasies, dandelions, bluebells & shamrocks were scattered along the boarders. Tree roots were sticking out of the muddy ground trying to stop us entering his home. We treaded carefully through the forest trying hard not to trip over any tree roots, but I failed this task. Ben saw a bluetit & insisted on taking a picture of it so he walked on in front to see the bird up close, leaving me to walk behind, trying not to stumble over any of the tree roots. Well, you know what tried did? Tried made me get my heel caught in the roots. "Ahhhh!" I yelled, whilst I feel on to my bottom.

Ben turned around and stood shocked. I sat in a pile of twigs and leaves, crying from both embarrassment and pain. "Claud!" Ben placed the picnic basket on the floor and put the camera on top, before running over to me. "Are you okay?"

I looked at Ben and my eyes started to water. "I-I-I'm fine!" I said trying not to cry.

I tried to pick myself up when Ben squatted in front of me facing the other way when he said, "Darling, hop on!" His tone was soft and sympathetic. I slowly got to my feet and clambered on top of Ben's shoulders when he slowly slipped of my shoes & placed them in to the picnic basket.

"What are you doing?" I said placing my chin on his head trying to see what he was doing. Ben didn't reply. He pulled out a pair of other shoes from the basket and slipped them on to my feet. My white converse!

"I packed you some spare shoes because I thought you might fall over in those heels!"

I smiled and kissed his forehead. Ben took my bag away from the floor and put it over his shoulders and slowly his body erected. He picked up the picnic basket and he said in such a voice, it seemed softer than his hair on his head! "Claud, please hold on tight. I would hate for you to fall off because of me. If you see a branch hanging down that may hit you in the head, duck!" He carried on talking but I couldn't focus on what he was saying because his voice was soft as silk, hot and steamy and just too goddamn sexy!

"I could kiss you right now!" I whispered to myself whilst working out where to put my hands.

"So are you going to be okay up there?" Ben said looking up.

"Yes, I should be fine... One question though. Will there be paparazzi around here because I really don't want the world seeing me fall over!"

Ben chuckled and said, "No, don't worry. The only people with cameras are bird watchers and photo fanatics!"

I sighed a sigh of relief and placed my chin onto Ben's head. Ben put his hand up and placed it on my cheek and said, "Don't worry about the paparazzi, they are just doing their job. You can stop and have pictures done if you like or keep walking. I tend to stop if I'm not in a hurry but don't give in all the time as they will start to follow you everywhere!"

I paused before saying "Oh, okay" Ben removed his hand from my cheek and returned it to my legs, which were dangling down his front, to make sure I didn't fall.

We walked through the forest safely and arrived on to the field. The grass was greener than emerald city. The sky was bluer than the bluebells in the forest, with no clouds to be seen. The sun was high exposing its rays to the world. Ben squatted down allowing me to feel the grass on my shoes. My feet sank into the grass and the sun shone on to my face. I walked around a bit and found a long patch of grass and threw myself into it, face up. Ben saw my goofiness and smiled and did the same thing and whispered to me, "We have a little more to walk until we have found our spot.. Come along, Digers!" Ben took grasp of my hand picked it up and kissed it before getting to his feet to help me up. I got up and brushed the grass off of my body and smiled at Ben before saying, "I hope you do know where you are going"