Chapter Forty Eight: Be Young!

"Oh, Princess" Ben sighed after I had told him the story of my unfortunate events. He guided me onto his lap, as his hands rubbed my back, his lips pressing against my forehead for a few moments as he tried to erase today's events. I took in a deep breath and sighed, thinking about the day's events. First I was swarmed by photographers, then being trolled by Katie Hopkins and now the attack. Why, why me? This was what I couldn't understand. I've done nothing wrong to anyone. I'm just an eighteen year old who has done nothing bad to the world. If anything I've helped the world by bringing a new life into it. A new beautiful life. But because of that, I get trolled. Trolled by a person who picks on the weak and vulnerable. Katie fucking Hopkins thinks I'm vulnerable. I'll show her. I'll show her I'm not vulnerable. As these thoughts swirled around my head, my face grew shrivelled and a nasty shade of magenta. Ben clocked this and was started to grow wary, "Claud? Claudia? Calm down" he shushed as he held me closer. Angry tears ran down my face, falling slowly into my lap and melting into the robe. I hated this. I just wanted to be happy with the man I loved, was that too much to ask for? Ben's hands continued to have a tight and protective grip on me whilst he rocked me soothingly, trying to keep me calm. He leaned close to me and whispered in my ear "This time next year, you'll be Mrs Cumberbatch." He said, kissing my ear softly as he did.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Saturday

Back to university today and my alarm rang at 5:30. This was not fun. I always abhorred waking up early, and now I abhorred it more! My body slowly erected and I rubbed my eyes allowing me to view the day ahead. I looked around but as I did, there was a man stood at the end of my bed. My heart raced before clocking who it was when I heard these words "Lady Shortdiggers! Get out of bed!" It was Will! I gleamed and wiped my eyes "W-will? What are you doing here?" He shook his head and through a pillow at me "No questions. Now get up!" A slight smirk slipped on to his face. Oh how I had missed this face. I slowly got out of bed and wiped my eyes from sleep and yawned. Questions spiralled my brain but I knew not to question Will so I didn't.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Claudia! Come on!" Will shouted up the stairs to where I was getting ready. I swept my curls up into a ponytail and picked up my rucksack, sliding it on to my back over my wholly purple jumper. I took a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I rubbed a little more foundation over the bruises on my face. I could now see the real me. The young lady that loved life now because I had a handsome fiancé, a gorgeous daughter, a brilliant job whilst studying at the top university alongside my amazing best friend.
I smiled and rolled my sleeves down to my wrists, hiding the bandages, and then ran down the stairs. As I ran, I got swept off my feet at the bottom step. I laid in the arms of a beautiful man and I gleamed. "Hello, Beautiful" Ben smiled as he lowered his head so his forehead was touching mine and our noses interlocked. I blushed softly and looked into his eyes as his eyes gazed into mine, "Hello, Handsome" I purred playfully. A chuckle escaped Ben's mouth tickling my lips and his eyes crinkled, "Oh, you're a kitten this morning, I gather?" He asked leading to me to nod and slowly and giggle, playfully. His hand that was supporting my waist slithered slowly down to my bottom and he cupped it, with his giant hand. I blushed deeply and kissed him as I tried to hide how aroused that made me. Ben smirked and squeezed it softly through the kiss before slowly setting me back on the floor. I smiled up at my fiancé as he cupped my face gently after letting go of my bottom, "You, my beautiful Claudia, you be safe and have fun!" He said softly looking down at me, with his mystical eyes. "Go out. Get drunk! Be young!" He smirks, "And if you don't, I'll make sure you will go out once you are home!" I chuckled and smiled "Fine!"

After saying goodbye to my fiancé and giving my little Alice cuddles and kisses to last her a life time, Will and I left to go to Oxford. But because Ben has told me to be young, Will was now planning on tonight's welcome back party.