Chapter Fifty Five: The Doctor's Royal Play Date

"Capaldi, Digby. Digby, Capaldi. Doctor, Elizabeth. Elizabeth, Doctor." Moffat grinned as they stood me in front of The Doctor. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." I said politely, with a courtesy. "And it's great to finally meet the future Queen of England!" Capaldi chuckled and bowed down to me, causing me to blush and giggle. "So, where do you want Claudia and I?" Peter asked Moffat. "You need your costumes, hair and make up done! So go to your stations and we will see you soon." Moffat grinned and guided me to my station.

My station was a wooden make up desk, with a mirror mounted to the wall. I had a little area to get changed and a music station! Perfect! I smirked to myself. I ran to the music station and plugged my phone in and connected it to Spotify and I played Songs To Sing In The Shower playlist. This made me feel happy and relaxed. I wasn't sure if this was okay, but I needed music to feel calm. I found my outfit- a pleated pink dress with yellow jewels scattered over it. It was very similar to the dress the lady herself, Queen Elizabeth Windsor, wore for a photo shoot in the early 1950's. This didn't seem real. My first acting role and playing our Royal majesty in the longest running science fiction television show watched by millions each week, all over the globe. This was crazy!

I picked up the dress and slid it on, whilst listening to Take On Me by a-ha, behind the room divider. Off came Claudia and on went Elizabeth. I was now Princess Elizabeth. But I wasn't ready completely: I had to have my hair and make up done. I sat on a canvas deck chair and started to look at the make up, but before I could touch a product, a team of make up artists ran in and gathered around me. The started on my hair, tightly curling it into ringlets whilst I sang the next song That Doesn't Impress Me Much- Shania Twain;
I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius- you drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a know-it-all
Oh-oo-oh, you think you're special
Oh-oo-oh, you think you're something else

As I sang my new ringlets were pinned into a bun, so tight they wouldn't come out even if you went on a rollercoaster, but the hair artist managed to make my ringlets still look loose. My make up was next. Foundation covered my face making me look pale, but blusher brought out my cheeks. My lips were painted a ruby red. Mascara excelled my lashes, and my brows were brushed. "Princess Elizabeth, you are now ready!" The lead make up artist smiled. I smiled and nodded, thanking them. I slipped on the pink heels, unplugged my phone and took a picture, captioning it Guess Who? - Claud x on Instagram and Twitter. I put my phone down and then went off to the studio.

"Perfect timing!" Mark gleamed at me, looking me up and down. "Looking great too!" He chuckled. He guided me over to 'my' room of which was my starting scene. I had a last glimpse of my script and I was ready to go!

I sat on the bed, cross legged, humming to myself, as I flicked through a book. It was a book full of photos, of when I was younger playing with dolls in a dolls house in this exact room. I smiled and looked to the corner of the room at the Victorian styled dolls house, that used to belong to my grandmother, Queen Victoria and her daughters. I sighed happily and I walked over to the dolls house and  I sat down in front of it. As I opened it I started to sing an old rhyme I would sing when I was playing 'Half a pound of tupenny rice Half a pound of treacle. That's the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel.' I sang in a soft tone and I grew tired. I left the doors open on the dolls house and I went to bed. I curled up and fell asleep. As I fell asleep, the dolls house started to glow. The camera faded out of the room, and the door shut. The further the camera panned away, the more bloodcurdling screams echoed around the halls.

The episode rolled on nicely, despite lots of mistakes, due to my clumsiness. Now it was time for the kiss.

I lied across the cold tiled floor. My eyes were shut and my heart rate slow. I was dying. The Doctor had unraveled a curse of the Peg Doll. I was back to being human. Human Princess Elizabeth. My diamond tiara laid by my head, showing more life than I was. The Doctor saw and panicked. "No! No, come on Elizabeth! You need to wake up! I can't kill the Princess! This will change history! This will be terrible! Come on!" The Doctor said, in a flustered tone. He fell to his knees, and lifted my body carefully, sitting me on his lap and his arm around my waist. "Come on, I've lost too many people as it is. Clara left me, I lost The Ponds, Donna, well she had to go home. Martha left and Rose, well, yeah, but Elizabeth, please come on!" There was no sign of movement. The Doctor's eyes lined with tears. He slipped off his jacket and put it around my shoulders and then this was it. This was time for the kiss. True loves kiss. His lips pouted slightly as his head slowly moved towards mine. His nose locking with mine, and his lips pressed against mine. They rested there for a few moments but as he pulled away, I could feel myself awakening. I coughed and spluttered, resting my head on his shoulder. "Doctor?" I questioned as my vision was blurred. "Elizabeth!" The Doctor smiled and held me closer, hugging me gently, "I thought I had lost you." He smiled and tried to hide his watery eyes as he held me. I hugged back, but I knew. I knew he was emotional. "Doctor, my love?" I whispered. "A-are you going to leave me here? Please, let me go with you back to Glasgow." I sighed. "Glasgow? Why Glasgow?" The Doctor looked at me confused. "Well, your accent is a Glaswegian accent." I say innocently, keeping my head on his shoulder. The Doctor looked even more confused but shrugged it off. "Well, let me take you somewhere better than Glasgow. I know how you hate being Royal because you fear power, but let me show you something that will change your mind." He smiled, and stood me up. He took my hand and started to run, but then he thought of a better idea, and kissed me again. My hands fell to his waist as his hands rested on my hips. As we kissed, a noise appeared. I couldn't describe it, but as we pulled away from the kiss, I looked up at the tall Glaswegian and I saw my surroundings had changed. Changed in such a manner. This wasn't my room. Well, I don't recall this being my room. "Welcome to the TARDIS! My travelling machine!" He chuckled, taking my hand and walking me around the machinery. "Travelling machine?" I questioned and he nodded. He started to flick nobs and press buttons. "I'm going to show you something, no one else can ever show you. I'm going to show you, your future." He beamed and with that, we were flying in this machine. The technology was advanced. Very advanced! The Doctor pulled me close to him, ensuring I wouldn't fall and he kept me there. "Elizabeth, may I ask something of you?" He asked softly. His dear crinkled face, looked down into my young one. My skin was fresh like a winters day, but his was crisp like an autumn fall. His face was kind though. It intrigued me. "What is that, my Doctor?" I asked softly, looking into his eyes. "May I ask if you change your clothes? Due to the time I'm taking you to, I think it'll be best if we blend in." He said softly as he cupped my cheek. I smiled and nodded, "What shall I wear?" He stood and thought. "How about jeans and a t-shirt." My face grew confused, "A shirt covered in tea? What sort of time are we going to?" "No, no, let me show you." He took my hand and we ran into a room.

"Are you sure people are wearing this where we are going? It's very gloomy!" I said as I walk out of the room, straightening my shirt out. I was in all black. My top was a black Metallica shirt with a skeleton playing drums. Over that I wore a black leather jacket, that was very snug, but The Doctor said it was meant to be like that. My trousers, or as The Doctor called them jeans, were ripped. Apparently that was fashion. My shoes were combat and thick soled. The Doctor took my grips out of my hair, and let my long brown curls flow down my back. My hair looked beautiful! Well, it did until The Doctor smothered it with a 'beanie'. A 'beanie' is a hat that doesn't even sit on your head properly. My make up was now dark and heavy. "Elizabeth, you look perfect!" The Doctor smiled. He was wearing jeans with an AC-DC top, with a black jacket, and similar shoes to mine. He took hold of my hand and guided me out of the TARDIS and we was in a strange land: London, 2015.
"Elizabeth, this is the day you have been the monarch for 63 years. You are the longest running monarch and loved by millions!" The Doctor smiled softly. He walked me around the cosmopolitan streets, showing me what I have made of England. I couldn't believe it. Tears glistened my dark eyes and my red lips were trembling. "Elizabeth, you've made this. You have done the best job ever!" He gleamed as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "Can you show me more?" I ask looking up at him. "More?" He questioned, confused. "Can you show me the past? Can you show me further than 2015? Can we go to America?!" I gleamed. His face glowed like a child at Christmas. "Oh, I can show you so much more." He took my hand and we ran. He liked running. We ran to the TARDIS and shut the doors quickly.

And that was it! That was my episode filmed! The cameras all cut, and everyone stood applauding. I felt amazing. We were now in the middle of London Town. Streets had been shut off, but people were stood behind barriers watching in amazement. I sat on the pavement, my head in my hands laughing. "I did it! We did it!" I chuckled and Capaldi sat beside me nodding. His arm around me and his head resting on mine, "You should be so proud, Claudia." He said softly. His fatherly touch made me smile more, keeping me content. I snuggled into the leather jacket and tried to obtain its warmth, hiding from the spring breeze. "Let's go back to the studio and get warm." Peter smiled and guided me back to the studio.