Chapter Thirteen: The Grand Opening

People started to line up outside the restaurant and a few more camera men were lining up outside to take pictures for local and national newspapers. Ben held my hand and asked, "Ready?" "Ready!" I responded interlocking my fingers with his. We walked up to the arched entrance door when it hit me, what do I do?! Do I stand here or do I have to say anything? What's happening? "Ben, what do I do?" I asked whilst pushing my glasses up my face. "Claud, you just have to stand next to me and smile your beautiful smile!" "What if the paparazzi ask for my photo?" "Only respond if you want a photo! Do not let them tell you what to do!" I stood behind the door and froze. "I don't need to say anything, right?" "Claud, babe, come here" Ben said opening his arms and to pull me in close to give me a hug. "Darling," he said whilst placing a kiss on the top of my head and stroking my back, "you will be fine! If they ask if you will be coming to this restaurant more often say you will if they treat me right tonight. You'll be guaranteed to have excellent service all night!" I held on to Ben and said "I love you!" "I love you too! Come on then let's show the world how to open a restaurant Cumberbatch style!" He winked and kissed me on the forehead.

We walked up to the door and the waitress who had a picture with me earlier held my hand. "Claud, I'm nervous!" she said, "Me too, lovely, me too..." I said waiting for her to fill in her name, "Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself to you. My name is Lily, please excuse my manners!" "Lily, don't worry, we can do this together!" I held on to Ben's hand and interlocked our fingers and Lily interlocked our fingers as well. The clock hit opening time and we opened the door to find cheering and screaming fans of Ben's. Lily got taken to the side by her boss for a group photo of the staff so Ben and I took the opportunity of going to see his fans. "Claudia, are you willing to do this? Are you willing to go out and see my fans as my girlfriend?" I stopped and my jaw dropped. "I've always been willing! Are you ready though?"

"Claud, I've been waiting for this day to come!" There were only 12 to 15 fans but they made hell of a lot of noise! One of the fans called me over whilst Ben was talking and having pictures taken. "Hiya!" I said acting like I just met one of my friends, "Are you Claud?" A fan asked, "Yes, why do you ask?"

"Because you're with Ben now right?"

"Well, I don't know, I think I am yes!"

"You will take care of him right?"

"Of course I will! Trust me when I say, I'm going to be making sure he does what is best for his career and you guys because I'm part of the CumberCollective and if he doesn't look after you guys he wouldn't be looking after me!"

"Have you got twitter?"

"Yes, I have, I know, what about if I follow you first then it'll be easier?"

The fangirls face dropped, "Are you joking?"

"Nope!" I replied, I passed her my phone and asked her to type her name into it and to follow herself!

"Have you done it?"

"Yes!"

"Do you think I could have a photo with you?"

"Claudia, are you joking?"

"No!" I got my phone out and took a selfie with the happiest fangirl I've ever seen! "Ben?" I called, "Do you think all of us could have a photo?"

"What a marvellous idea! If you pass me your phone, I'll do it princess!" I passed him my phone and I crouched down so everyone was in.

Three, two, one! Pictures were done! The fans were lovely! So supportive! Especially Daisy, the fangirl I spoke to. Some fans have ago at their idols partners and girlfriends but everyone was so nice!

It was time to cut the ribbon. Lily came over and stood by me and Ben came and stood in the middle of the ribbon whilst I stood well away from the cameras. "I now pronounce Mr Italia's Pizza House open!" It was a pizza restaurant! I adore pizza, but I am such a messy eater, this date could have ended covered in cheese and pepperoni! Not a great look when it's my first day in front of the media's eye!