Chapter Twenty Three: Stop Snapping

"Claud! Claud, darling! We are going to be late! Come on wake up!" Ben said prodding my arm. I rolled over and looked at Ben and asked for the time to find it was 6:30.

I rolled over again and started to kick my legs. "Eurg! Okay, I'm coming!" I said reluctantly. I sat up and wiped my eyes and put my glasses on.

Ben got up and opened the curtains exposing us to the day. I kicked the duvet off of my body and stood up, trying to sort out my pyjamas.

"Do you have a dress code for the first day?" Ben said looking through his clothes.

"Smart but casual!" I yawned, "Why are you asking?"

Ben turned around and said, "Oh, I want to look presentable when I walk you into Oxford later!"

I smiled, still half asleep and said, "Ben, you really don't have to!" Ben walked over to me and kissed my forehead and uttered the words "But I want to!" He placed a kiss on my forehead and I walked out and into my room to gather my clothes for today. I picked up my dress I wore on Friday- black tight dress with my black high heels. My hair was straightened and came down to my hips. My makeup was on point and my shoes were wiped clean. I packed my bag with my phone chargers, toiletries, books & my sonic screwdriver. I was ready to go.

I walked down the stairs, placed my shoes into a cardboard box and placed my rucksack on top of the box and placed them both by the front door. "Ben, I'm ready!" I shouted from the front door, putting my bracelets on whilst flipping through the photo album before placing it in the box.

"Coming, Claud. Do you want to go and wait in the car, I'll be out in a minute, just sorting my hair out!" Ben called down. I sighed and picked the keys up from the key bowl and walked down towards the car before unlocking it. I opened the boot and placed the box in and was about to walk around the car to get in when someone approached me. I shut the boot and turned around to find a very tall man standing behind me.

"Claud?" the man asked. I looked up and smiled as I knew the voice. The man was stood wearing sunglasses, a Marvel top & a pair of skinny jeans & a pair of white converse.

"OMG! OMG! OMG!" I started to hyperventilate. I put my hands over my mouth trying not to show my stupidly big smile. "T-t-tom?" I asked shaking. The figure nodded.

"Yes, that is me. Ben told me you were going to university today! How exciting! Are you looking forward to it?"

I nodded, crying. "I am yes. Sorry, but I never dreamt this would be how we would meet! I love your work so much! I am a huge fan!"

Tom smiled and saw me crying and put his arms around me. "Come here, you silly sausage! I just wanted to wish you luck. Never expected you to cry!" Tom said sympathetically.

I heard footsteps approaching us, leading to Tom releasing me. "I'm sorry Ben, I made her cry!" Tom said to Ben who took hold of my hand.

"Goddammit, Tom! You need to control your beautifulness!" Ben replied smiling.

"Sorry, I need to control it. Before you know it, the whole world will be in tears!" Tom said winking.

"Right, we better be off, if we want to get a good parking space!" Ben said walking around to my side of the car to let me in.

Tom smiled and said smiling his adorable smile that he fashioned on his adorable face, "Okay, well, hope you both have a safe journey and text me when you get there!" He shook my hand and walked on to the pavement to watch our drive off.

"He seemed nice!" I said smiling at Ben, whilst I composed myself.

"He is a lovely man, very lovely indeed!" Ben said whilst focusing on the road. His tone was blunt and sounded quite put off but I didn't say anything as I didn't want to kick anything off.