Chapter Twenty Nine: Wanted Dead or Alive- Primarily Alive

I do not know whether I was dead and left my body or I was generally unconscious and just dreaming, but I remember seeing Benedict running back into the toilets with a few random men following behind him whilst he clutched a first aid box. I remember watching Ben see my limp body leaning against the cold wall, limp with blood seeping though the blue paper towels that Ben gave to me to use to clean myself up. Benedict screamed my name. He was scared. I could tell. Why else would he be on his knees in the ladies toilets in a Beano, screaming my name? I needed to wake up. Prove to him I am still alive. He had just lost a good friend, and his girlfriends family. Now he had lost his girlfriend. The one that he had helped tackle depression. His girlfriend. His best friend. Come on. Wake up I kept thinking to myself.

"Come on. Wake up!" Ben cried, throwing himself down on to my lifeless body.

The two random men, both wearing builders uniform, got down on their knees and patted Ben's back as they both said "I am so sorry. I wish there was something we could do."

Ben looked up at both of the men and cried, "Open that first aid box and wrap up her wrists. She is still alive. She's still bleeding. But she's hanging on, just about anyway!"

The men didn't need telling twice, and got straight to it.

"Come on Claud, if this was a Disney movie, true loves kiss would bring you back, but it's not." Ben said crying whilst placing his hands upon my cold face.

"Why don't you try it?" One builder said as he continued to wrap my wrists tight like a mummy, "There's no harm in trying?" He added.

"You're right. This could be like a Disney movie. She loves Disney and when she finds out that Disney saved her, she will probably be the happiest person alive."

The builders looked at each other and raised an eyebrow each.

Ben leaned in close and pressed his warm lips against my ice cold lips. Bens nose interlocked with mine and everything went fuzzy. I was returning back to my body. Everything was now dark.

"Her eyes, they are moving." One builder said in a cockney accent.

Ben leaned back slowly releasing his lips from mine. "Claud? Claud!" I heard. My eyes opened quickly and I started to cough and splutter as soon as I was able to taste air. "Claud. Oh my god!" I remember Ben exclaiming, holding me tight. "I thought I lost you forever. I thought you were dead."

I put my arms around Ben and whispered, "I am so sorry. I am so, so sorry. I will never do it again! I promise!"

Ben put his hands on my face, whilst crying still "Claud, please, please, never scare me like that again!"

I nodded and hung my head in shame. "Look, we've got to get you to the hospital to get you cleaned up and to get you checked over as you were out cold for a good 10 minutes or so."

I shook my head. I wasn't prepared to for back into hospital. Especially knowing my family would be in the same building as me but I were not allowed to see them. "No, please no!" I cried.

"Claud, you need to go to the hospital." Ben said sweetly. "No." I said stubbornly. "Claudia! Please, for me, or I will have to pick you up and carry you to the hospital myself!"

I didn't say anything. Benedict stood up and looked at the two builders and smiled, "Thank you so much for your help. I will never forget what you have done!" Ben pulled out his wallet and handed them £20 each and added, "Have a full English on me!" The men accepted the money and left. "You've left me with no choice, Miss Digby!" Ben said bluntly. He got down to my level and scoped me up in his arms whilst collecting my bag and then his bag from the main café.