Chapter Six: His Face Was Covered Except His Eyes

7.58 am was the time, and it was time for us to go. We clambered into the mini and we were all set. We put our seat belts on and within two and a half hours had flown by. We had managed to make up for our Comedy night the night before whilst listening to Russell Howards CD's.

*

"Clauds, are we nearly there?" Sam asked me, as he looked frantically out of his window for the correct house. We were only a few houses away from Benedict's house when I had a phone call from the man of the hour- Benedict Cumberbatch,

"Hello, Clauds?" his voice said which ran its fingers through my hair to reach my ear, "Hiya, what's wrong?" I asked puzzled to know why Benedict had phoned.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know if you were on your way or not" Ben replied.

"Oh, well as a matter of fact we are just about to drive up outside. It is number 49, right?" I said, whilst my voice was about to break as I could feel myself about to cry. "Yes it is! Oh, I think I see you, the red mini cooper! Is that you?"

"Yes" I replied, "that is us!" I looked through the cars window and I could see Ben's perfect house. It must have been a good three storey building. It was an old brick house what had been painted white. The house was decorated with square and rectangular windows which attracted so much sunlight, it was beautiful. On the roof, it wasn't a roof. It was a garden with different shrubbery and different plants that over hung a bit what made his house the most uniquest- if that is even a word. On the roof garden stood a man, who was dressed in a white shirt with a black tie. It looked like he was wearing a greyish cardigan and black tight trousers. I knew instantly who this man was. I knew because I have seen this outfit all over Pintrest and Twitter. I also knew because the man was stood waving and shouting at our car. Sam saw Ben on the roof and grabbed my knee and said "Today is going to change your whole life, just you wait". These words stayed with me all day. What does he mean? What's going to happen?

We pulled up outside the house of the Cumber, and before I could unclip my seat belt and open the door, a mysterious figure in a long dark coat, with his collar folded up. I don't think I have jumped so much in my life! The figure bent down so I could see his face, but all of his face was covered except his eyes. His eyes were magical. They were like a sea in a winter's storm. They were truly beautiful! When we made eye contact, the figure winked right at me and opened the door for me. Out I got, and I smiled, not from being polite, but because I recognized those eyes. Any Cumbercookie would. The figure took ownership of me and guided me into his home. Sam followed behind.

The figure took off his coat to hang on the dainty little brass hooks that were hanging from the hallway wall. The house smelt amazing. It smelt of freshly baked bread and cookies. The rugs and carpets were immaculate with not even the slight strand of hair on the floor. This was like heaven. Two of my favourite men under one roof, a tidy roof in fact! This was very irregular.

"Please, take your shoes off! They look mighty painful!" Ben said, whilst looking at both my feet and Sam's.

"Okay", I replied, "but promise not to look at them though? Please!" I replied. You see, I didn't like the look of my own feet. My toes were weird and stubby, I don't want to scar you guys for life because that will make you stop reading this and you will never know the real story behind the Cumber! -Cackles evilly-.

"I promise," Ben promised. Sam and I kicked off our shoes and we put our shoes into the allocated cupboard what was full of Benedict's shoes and his shoe polishing kit. His shoe cupboard was beautiful. He had beige converse, white converse, blue converse, red converse and then he had black smart shoes with pointed toes. I love shoes and this was just heaven for me- again. Damn, I've got a lot of heavens!

Sam and I, walked into the living room where we were originally left by Benedict, but when we walked back in he wasn't there. We sat on the white leather sofa, bolt up straight looking at the beautiful artwork what were dotted across the walls, of which were accompanied with pictures of Wanda and Timothy- Mother and Father of Benedict Cumberbatch. "Claudia, could you come to the kitchen please, lovely?" Ben shouted through to me from the kitchen, but it wasn't a shout that your parents do when they want to you to go to the kitchen. It was kind and gentle but projective at the same time. I got up to go and meet Ben in the kitchen when Sam grabbed my hand and squeezed it whilst whispering "Don't cry, chin up and everything will go your way." I had no idea what this meant, but one day I will and that one day will not be today, let's put it that way.