Chapter Eighteen: Day At The Pegg's

We walked up to a white wooden fence and gate that James and Georgia opened. Everyone walked on towards the wooden door except myself. I froze. I couldn't do it. "Claud?" Ben asked to try and get me to walk on. I stood shaking my head. "What's wrong, Darling?" Ben asked calmly as he walked over towards me.

"I can't go in there, what if he doesn't like me?" I said holding myself whilst fiddling with my bracelets. Amanda had clocked my fidgetiness. Her eyes darted to Ben to see how he'd react. A worm could tell she was very concerned.

"What do you mean? Of course he will like you! Simon and yourself are so alike, you'll get on better than a house on fire!" Ben took my hand and lead me towards the doorway when Georgia came walking over to me and held my other hand and smiled. Her big blue eyes widened and her curly blonde hair kept falling in her face. She was adorable.

"Claud, don't be sad, you look prettier when you're smiling!" Said Georgia still smiling.

James walked down to the door and knocked on it very loudly, so loudly that Martin glared at him as if to say "Why? What has the door ever done to you?!"

I heard footsteps come towards the door and the lock slowly came undone and the door came swinging open when a lady with brown hair that was neatly combed into a bun. She was wearing a beautiful summer dress what had flowers dotted all over it. She didn't wear shoes but instead ankle socks that were bright and stripy. "Hiya guys, please, come in. James, Georgia, Madeline is playing in the garden if you want to join her!" The kids went running down the hall out into the garden when the lady allowed us in before stopping me and Ben. "So, Ben, who is this?" She stood in front of me smiling looking me up and down.

"Maureen, this is Claudia. She is staying with me for a few days before she goes to Oxford!" Ben said proudly showing me off.

Martin turned to Maureen and said, "She's his new girlfriend!"

She turned back to me and smiled, "Oh! Well in that case you've got to come and meet Simon, come along!" She grasped my hand leading to Ben to let go of my other hand. "Si, look who Ben brought along!"

Simon stood up from his deck chair and saw me. "Why, hello!" He said slowly looking me up and down, "Who is this then?" He said smiling.

"This is Claudia, Claudia-"

"Digby" I added.

"This is Claudia Digby, Ben's new girlfriend."

"Oh, hello, I'm Simon." I couldn't speak. Simon Pegg was one of my favourite comedians, actors and directors and for him to look me up and down and to flirt with me and then introduce himself, I had no idea of what to say except, "I know who you are! Sorry but you are a comedy hero of mine & this is just an amazing opportunity of being able to meet you!"

Simon smiled and said, "Aw, come here you big soppy pants!" And with that he gave me a hug. He smelt amazing. He let go and said to Ben, "You've done really good with this one! Such a beautiful young lady!"

Ben came over and grasped my hand and smiled, "She is rather beautiful isn't she!" And he kissed me. This wasn't a kiss on the cheek but on the lips, in front of everyone.

"Ew! They're kissing!" James said all the way over in the sandpit.

"Drinks anyone?" Maureen asked us as she opened the built-in fridge what was built into the barbecue.

"May I have Diet coke please!" I said sweet and politely.

"Of course you can darling!" Maureen replied. The kids came running up the garden ready to have a juice box when there was another knock at the door.