Chapter Ten: I've Got To Go Before My Bathroom Floods

Months had past and Year 11 had come to its end! I wore Ben's cardigan every day as of May when we were allowed to wear what we wanted. Leggings, vest top, Ben's cardigan and converse were my outfits every day. I found the fragrance that Ben wore on the day I met him and I brought it and lathered the cardigan in it every day so it still smelt of him every day.

Today was the day. The day every Year 11 student dreads. 21st August 2014 was the date and I had just got my GCSE results. I hadn't open them. I sat in the middle of the maths corridor staring at them at school. The envelope was on the floor and I sat on one side of the envelope and Sam on the other side. "Sam can we do this in your room? This is a bit awkward!" I said as a cleaner came past cleaning around us. "Yes" replied Sam. We shuffled into Sam's classroom and sat in the middle of the room and resumed position.

5 minutes had past and I decided to open them. "I've got to open them" I said to Sam. He nodded. A piece of paper was folded up and fell into my hand. I opened it and it read;

Ancient History- A

Citizenship- A

French- A*

Further Additional Science- A

History- A*

Maths- A*

Media- A

Statistics- B

I was so happy! I had passed all my subjects with a B or higher! The first person Sam and I rang, wasn't Mum and Dad, or anyone else in my family but Benedict Cumberbatch. Sam pulled the blind down on the door window and locked the door. I laid on the floor whilst avoiding getting Ben's cardigan all dirty and dusty. My red shorts had my white vest top tucked into them and my feet had my yellow converse high tops on them with the dirty white laces hanging down towards the floor. My hair was curled and it was sprawled down my back and landing into the floor.

I turned my phone on to speaker mode and I dialled Ben's number. Sam and I waited patiently hoping he would pick up but there was no reply. I checked the time at it was 10:58, "He is probably in rehearsal still for Hamlet, oh well" I got up of the cold tiled floor and unlocked the door and opened the door curtain and went back to professional teacher-student relationship, "Thank you so much Mr Digby! Without you I don't think I could have got the results I did in the exam, thank you!" I said to Sam, "That's okay Claudia, I told you, and you could do it! You deserve all the results you've received! Well done!" He winked and with that I went off to find my friends to boast about my results and rub it in their D Grade faces!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My friends and I had arranged to go out for a meal in the evening, so I went home to get ready. Well, when I say home, I went to Sam's house. It was near enough my home as I spend more time at his house, I have actually contemplated asking to move into his house but it would mean having to pack all of my books up and that will take ages.

Back at Sam's I had the dilemma of clothing. Was I to go formal in a dress and heels but then was I to go casual in leggings and a vest top with Ben's cardigan. So I texted the planner of this meal, one of the girls- Mil.

"Hiya lovely, are we still okay for tonight? xxx" sent at 12:56

"Hey baby, yes I am, are you? xxx" received 12:56

"That's alright then! What are you and the girls wearing? I wasn't sure if we are going formal or casual? xxx" sent 12:57

"Casual wear baby! xxx" received 12:58

"Okay thank you darling! xxx" sent 13:00

So you see, I knew what to wear. Leggings, white vest top, white converse and Ben's cardigan. I was going to have to wash my hair and sort my eyebrows out and make myself look presentable.

I walked into the bathroom to turn the hot water on so I was able to have a bath when my iPod started to make a train noise. Benedict Cumberbatch wants to FaceTime was what was being shown to me on the screen. I quickly looked in my mirror to insurer I looked presentable before answering. I pressed the answer button and smiled. I was greeted by one of the most beautiful faces I have ever witnessed. A smile spread across Benedict's face.

"Hiya, Princess, you phoned earlier, are you alright?"

"Yes, I am amazing thank you! I got my results!"

"How did you do? Please tell me you didn't fail!"

"I didn't fail! I got nearly all A's! I got 1 B, 4 A's & 3 A*'s"

"Are you joking?! That's fantastic! You deserve those grades so much! Darling, I wish I could celebrate with you!"

"Thank you ever so much! I didn't expect any of these grades what so ever but they are fantastic! I'm going out for a meal soon at The Harvester with some of the people from my class to celebrate!"

"Aw Princess, have fun! What are you doing next year? Are you going to college or sixth form or what?"

"I've been offered an apprenticeship at a special needs school so I'm doing that for a year and then hopefully going to Oxford or Cambridge University"

"Aw! That's bloody fantastic! There's no reason why you can't get in to Oxford with grades like that! What would you study though?"

"Hopefully I'm going to study either the English Language or Computer Designs"

"Wow... I wish you good luck with that!"

I could hear my bath water still running, "Ben, I've got to go before my bath decides to flood the bathroom! Thank you so much for calling!"

"Okay, Princess, I love you! Oh one thing, I know it's late but I've posted your birthday present today so it should be with you soon! Hope you like it! Happy 17th, Darling!"

"Aw thank you, Ben! I can't wait to open it! I love you too! Have fun at your rehearsals! You'll smash it!"

"Thank you beautiful! Hope you have fun at your meal tonight!" Ben smiled and with that he was gone.

I walked into the bath room to see the taps were all ready off. Sam was in the bathroom putting some towels in the bathroom and to save his bathroom from flooding. "Are you okay? You never leave the taps running." Sam enquired, leading my head to nod. "Okay, so I'll leave you to do your thing. Shout if you need anything!" Sam said walking out of the bathroom and back down the stairs.

I shut the door, put my music on loud, striped and into the bath I got. The water was hot leading me to sweat like a pig on a spit roast. I became light headed. I couldn't see clearly. I couldn't make any noise without feeling like I was going to be sick. I tried to shout for Sam but I couldn't. My brain had shut down the speech department. I had to try and get out of this bath. The floor was wet from the water vapour and so was the edge of the bath. But I didn't realise. Not until last minute anyway. I tried to stand up in the bath but not for long as I had my hand clutching the sink. That was fine for the moment but as soon as I put my foot up out of the bath my hand lost grip. All of my body just went floppy. I tried to get my foot to touch the floor but it missed and it got caught. It got caught in the bath handle. Whilst my body fell to the floor leaving me to scream in agony. I could just about reach my iPod what was on top of the toilet roll rack to turn the music down. I tried to stretch to put it back but it was no use. I couldn't put it back properly as my leg got itself more caught. I continued to cry and scream for Sam until I realised I had no clothes on what so ever. So I grabbed a towel to throw over my body so Sam didn't see anything he really shouldn't see.

Sam came running up the stairs to find me sprawled out of the bathroom. "Sam, I can't move! I think I've broken something!" I said crying! "Right, okay, where's your phone? We need to call 999, NOW!" "In my room" I said crying, "on my pillow!" Sam ran down the corridor and into my room to find my phone exactly where I said. I saw his feet running back towards me but I couldn't stay focused. My eyes saw two of everything and then I saw nothing. I could hear nothing. I felt nothing. I wasn't able to move or think. Nothing. I could do nothing.