Chapter Fourty Two: Throwback To Christmas

2nd February

Ding! Dong!

"I'll get it!" Ben said smiling as he got up to answer the door. He arose from the sofa as I was holding Alice close to me. He leant over and kissed my lips and then kissed the forehead of Alice before walking to the door.

"Will!" Ben smiled wide as he opened the door to see Mr William Lounsbottom.
"Hello, Benedict" he smiled and put his hand out for Benedict to shake his hand.
Ben shook his hand and then pulled him into a hug "How are you, Will?"
"I'm okay thank you" Will said hugging the 6'1 Cumberbatch.
Ben smiled and let him go "Claud is in the front room with a little one who wants to see you.
"Baby's home?" William gasped and smiled wide.
Benedict nodded "She came home yesterday" He then led William into the living room and pointed with his eyes at Alice and I, who was cuddled up together on the sofa. Her lips were pouting in her sleep and her fingers were rapped around my finger as I smoother her thick curls. Williams face lit up as he saw Alice & I. I smiled up feeling Williams presence "Hi Will." Will smiled and crouched beside me, placing a friendly kiss on my cheek and then on Alice's head. "She's beautiful!" He gleamed. I nodded and smiled "She sure is." Alice's eyes fluttered open to exposed her piercing blue eyes and she smiled at William and I. She then nuzzled down into my chest hiding from Will. Will smiled and put his hands over his face to hide from Alice what caused Alice to show her face again and she giggled. Ben stood smiling wide before asking Will a very odd question "Will, are you christened?" William nodded. "How do you feel about being Alice's godfather?" Ben asked Will who stood smiling "I would love to!" He squeed and hugged Benedict excitedly "I would be honoured to be Alice's Godfather!" I overheard the conversation and smiled wide up at my favourite men- my fiancé and my best friend. I was over the moon! I seriously couldn't be happier; my princess was home, my fiancé had asked my best friend to be part of our family and I was to be staring on BBC Ones Would I Lie To You. Oh I hadn't told you about that had I? Oh well let's put you in the picture;

It was a cold and snowy Christmas evening. I was wrapped up on the sofa in a blanket and a dressing gown, along side Monsieur Cumberbatch. The television was on and we were watching reruns of BBC Two's Mock The Week, of which was aired originally in 2011. On the panel that night was Milton Jones and Jack Whitehall on Hugh Dennis' team and Ed Byrne and Micky Flanagan on Andy Parson's team with regular host Ireland's funny man, Dara Ó'Briain. The main subject of the night was the London 2012 Olympic Games that were going to commence the following year after the show was aired. My head was nuzzled into Benedict's lap, as his hand rested on my stomach, gently on my appendix scar, rubbing it slightly to get rid of any pain. My curls rested on his lap and flowed over his leg ending at the middle of my spine. This was how we spent our first Christmas together- curled up together on the sofa in new pyjamas that we had brought each other. I wore blue thick pyjamas that were decorated with polar bears and Ben wore a red Santa all in one. "Claud?" Ben whispered as we watched Mock The Week. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. "Yes?" I asked as I looked up. He looked me in the eye and smiled his award winning smile "This has been the best Christmas ever" he said softly before kissing my nose which caused my button nose to crinkle. I giggled softly and nodded "But next year will be better as we will be able to spend it with our little princess." He smiled and nodded "That will be amazing. My beautiful girls under the same roof, having Christmas at Mums!" I nodded and then rolled over, wincing slightly as I did, so I could face the television. But as I did, my phone rang. I went to reach it but Ben shook his head at me noticing I was in pain, he picked up my phone and answered it "Hello, Claudia's phone. Benedict speaking. How can I help?" Ben asked acting like my PA, whilst smoothing my hair.
"Hello, Benedict. This is Peter Holmes."
"Peter Holmes?" Benedict questioned.
"Yes, the executive producer for Would I Lie To You, is Claudia able to answer the phone? I heard about her operation so if she's not up for a conversation please do not worry, I can talk through you, Sir, if that's okay?" Peter said kindly, considering my situation.
"Unfortunately, she's in a bit of discomfort. Could I pass on any messages Mr Holmes?"
"Yes, we are filming a new series of Would I Lie To You and we were wondering if Miss Digby would like to take part in the show as a panelist. Mr Gatiss mentioned to us that she's a big fan of the show and we have looked into her work and she seems very talented and we think she'd be perfect." Peter exclaimed.
Ben looked down at me and said to Peter "Mr Holmes, I'll ask Claudia. Could I ask who will be on the panel with her?"
"Well we were going to put her on David Mitchell's team along with Sean Lock, if that's okay with her?" Peter replied.
"Claud, sweetie, Mr Holmes has asked if you would like to star on Would I Lie To You with Sean Lock and David Mitchell. Would you like to?" Ben asked me, as he looked down at me.
My face lit up "I would love to!" I grin and Benedict nodded "She would love to. When would you like her to come in?"
"Well, I'm aware she is going to university so we were going to ask if she could come in Saturday 12th of March. If she could come in at 13 o'hours as filming proceeds at 15 o'hours and we will need to go through the cards with her and also allow her to have hair and make up done if she requires it." Peter replied.
"Of course. That's perfectly fine. Claudia has just had a baby who is in hospital at the moment and should be allowed out of hospital in February and I highly doubt Claud would want to be that far away from her, would it be possible if baby and I sit in the green room during filming please?" Ben asked smiling down at me, as I continued to watch Mock The Week.
"Of course Benedict. That is fine. I'm sorry to hear your daughter is in hospital. I hope she's okay. Sorry to disturb you and Claudia on Christmas." Peter apologised.
"No that is fine. I'm sorry you are working on Christmas. Merry Christmas to you!" Ben replied, smiling.
"And to you. Goodbye Benedict. See you all in March." Peter added before hanging up.
Benedict ran his fingers over my cold cheeks and smiled. "Sweetie, it's all set." He gleamed and I nodded, smiling sleepily.
"Tired, Beautiful?" He asked looking down at my sleepy eyes and I nodded. "Yes."
He smiled and carefully sat me up so he could stand up. Once he stood up he scooped me up carefully to carry me to bed. "Let's get you to bed" he smiled, kissing my cheek as he started to walk up the stairs to put me to bed.

And that my friends, was how I got on Would I Lie To You.