Chapter Thirty Seven: Miracles

Ben burst into Keller and shouted "I need help!" before running to the front desk. People ran from all corners of the ward to Benedict holding a very limp Claud. "Someone help!" He shouted again panicking.

"Sir, calm down, pass her here." A Doctor exclaimed reaching for me, and Ben shook his head. "Sir, please, we can't help her if you won't give her over." the Doctor snapped. Benedict became flustered and did as he was told and the Doctor carried me over to a cold hospital bed and started to feel about my stomach but as soon as he touched my belly I was sick- again! "Okay, nurse, get theatre ready. It's going to blow!" The doctor shouted to his nurse, whilst filling out forms and sorting the paper out. "Theatre? Blow?" Ben said panicking holding my hand tightly.

"Sir, her appendix is swelling at a rapid speed. We need to get them out of her or neither your girlfriend nor your baby will make it." The Doctor said sternly.

Ben looked at me and then at the doctor. Tears streamed down his face and he leant down placing a kiss on my lips after stroking my hair out of my eyes. The Doctor smiled slightly before pushing my bed down to theatre.

Ben sat on the ward crying and placed his head in his hands as the seconds turned into minutes and the minutes turned into hours. It got to half past eleven and the doctor came out of the theatre room and down towards Ben holding a small infant in his arms. Ben looked up at the doctor, tears pouring down his face. An incubator was wheeled next to Ben and the delicate little flower was laid down in it. Ben stood up and looked at the baby and he placed his hand against the glass of the incubator. "Samantha?" He whispered before looking at the doctor. "Is this my child?" He asked still crying. The doctor nodded his head. "Sir, Claudia's body went into shock as her appendix burst. We had to get the baby out or she would have died."

"Where is she? Where's my princess?" Ben asked crying more. His face turned blotchy and his cheeks stained with tears.

"She's in recovery. We can bring her out as soon as she is stable." The doctor replied holding his folders close to him. "If I was you sir, I'd phone her parents and tell them what's happened. She needs family around her right now."

Benedict's face turned sour "Her parents are dead! She has no one except myself and my parents." His fists clenched and he started to walk towards the doctor. "I need to see her"

The doctor looked up at Ben and nodded "I'll see what I can do" with that the doctor dashed off to the recovery ward. Ben sunk into his chair and he placed his shaky hand against the incubator and he looked at the baby in the glass box, who was fighting for her life like her mummy. He smiled slightly looking at the delicate flower as her chest moved rapidly as she breathed quickly, her lungs working as hard as they could. "Oh, Samantha, my little Samantha. You are so weak and so feeble from the eye of the doctors, but to me," he started "You are strong just like your mummy. We've got to pray for her. We need to ask the big man in the sky to make sure she's okay." He rested his head against the base of the incubator when I was wheeled in to the ward by the doctor. He heard the squeaks of the NHS motor-mobile that I was fashioning, his heard turned quickly in my direction and a smile as wide as Russia was situated on his face and he ran across the ward to my chair. Flinging his arms around me I wheezed but I hugged him back never the less.

"You're okay!" He smiled placing kisses all over my face, smoothing my hair.

"I'm okay. I ache though and I feel like something's missing." I said sleepily, unaware to the birth of Samantha.

"Yes, that's because you gave birth to a little miracle." He smiled and took my chair from the porter and pushed me over to Samantha.

"A little miracle?" I questioned

"Yes. We have a little girl!" He gleamed a gleam that I'd imagine Leonardo DiCaprio would do when he wins an Oscar!