Chapter Sixty One: Mr Holmes and the Discovery of the Johnlock Fanfic

Weeks passed and my baby tum slowly progressed and a little photo of the baby was now in our hands. The beautiful image of the baby for us to see everyday until April 5th 2017. April 5th was to be the day our little baby could lay in our arms. As the weeks passed, we were getting ready to jet off to America for our first ever family holiday, and my first holiday ever!! At home, in Margate, we didn't have a lot of money. We struggled paying bills, let alone paying for everyone to go to America! Ben stood in our bedroom packing new clothes into a huge black suitcase, humming a merry tune to himself and would smile to himself each time I'd walk in. "Ben?" I'd ask as I sat on the edge of the bed, watching him fill the case up.

"Yes, C?" He questioned with a smile on his face still, as he folded my summer dresses into the case.

"Where in America are we going? Am I allowed to know yet?" I asked pouting sweetly.

Ben shook his head and patted my cheek gently to cheer up, "Baby, it's a secret! No telling until we get to the airport tomorrow!" His hand cupped my cheek and smirked, "No more asking now, please!" He requested and I remained pouting but soon gave up and went to see Alice and to start writing my 3000 word essay on e-commerce, for university. Alice sat on my lap as she watched my fingers rapidly hit keys of my new laptop Ben had brought for my birthday last week. Yes! I was finally 19! I was happily engaged, pregnant and succeeding in my life. Everything I've ever wanted was happening. This was amazing! Writing and acting in Doctor Who. Producing Sherlock. Guest appearing on Would I Lie To You and I've been asked to go on Big Fat Quiz of The Year 2016 at the end of the year. Engaged to my favourite person ever- my idol, my hero, my love! Carrying my second child with said fiancé and idol. Attending one of the top universities in England doing one of the most challenging topics. I was overjoyed with happiness! Everything was perfect! As I continued to hit the keys, I thought to myself Why me? Why did Ben phone me. It couldn't be because of 'thighs' or because of Sue. I continued to think and I decided to do a bit of snooping. I grasped my phone off of my desk and started to text Martin.

Me: Hiya, Martin. I've been thinking about something for a while. I was wondering if you had the answer.

Martin: Go ahead. Ask away.

Me: Why did Ben choose me?

Martin: Choose you?

Me: Yeah, why me? Surely he could of phoned anyone, or approached anyone. Someone smarter than me. Someone prettier than me?

Martin: What? He phoned you because of how close to the edge you was. Sue, your aunt, would talk about you 24/7. He was intrigued about you. You was different to others. Sweet and innocent, yet you had an overshadowing of darkness. He wanted to help the darkness go. He said to me that he was going to make that his goal. He thought he was only going to be needed by you for a month, two max. You didn't need him after two months but he needed you. I don't know what you've done, C, but you've brought a twinkle to his eyes. He had a dark shadow following him that he was unaware of but you cleared it. C, he loves you because of what you've done for him and what he's seen you become.

Me: So, I'm his hero like he's mine?

Martin: Yes, sweetie. He adores the pants off of you! Now, put this phone down, eat some ice cream, give Alice a kiss from me and say hi to Cumberbaby #2 from Uncle Marty then go and have a wonderful holiday with Ben! Amanda and I expect lots of pictures! The sillier the better! Be yourself, have fun and bring me back a knickknack! All the best beautiful! X

Me: Okay, thank you Uncle Marty ;) I'll send you lots of pictures, don't you worry! See you when we get home, so you can see Cumberbaby #2! Behave and I'll get you a knickknack, you big kid! Best wishes! X