Thirty

Hi! How are you? Hope you're good?. Since you wrote a drabble in which Boruto went to the hokage office, can we have one where Hima goes there? Thanksss! Sending you hearts

"Temari! I want a daughter!" Shikamaru burst out as soon as he strode into his home.

Temari looked up from the dinner table and raised a blond brow. "Out of the question. That requires sex with you."

Shikamaru brushed her customary insult away, walked over, and gave her a kiss on her now smiling lips. He reached over and gave Shikadai a hug.

"Oyaji, okaeri," Shikadai murmured with a smile and returned the hug then continued eating.

Shimakaru sat next to Temari and said again, "I want a daughter. Like Himawari."

She laughed in response. "She's adorable, but why do you say that?"

Shikamaru took a bite out of the pork katsu his wife made and mumbled, "She came to the office because Naruto and Hinata had Hokage duties today and couldn't find anyone to watch her."

Temari poured him a glass of beer.

He took a deep gulp and said, "And you know what she called me?"

Temari only continued smiling as Shikaku whispered breathlessly: "Shikamaru-sama."

He shook his head as if he couldn't believe it. "Sama, Temari!"

His wife made a face, but she quickly looked down at her dinner plate to hide it from her husband, who was still reeling with shock.

"That's very sweet of her, Shikamaru."

"And you know what we did at the office? She helped me organize the piles and piles and piles of documents that have piled up."

"Uh-huh." Temari nodded as she fought a laugh. She knew how much time those files took to organize—the nights Shikamaru never came home because he had to work overtime at the office.

"Then after that, we played hide-and-seek in the Hokage room," he admitted with an embarrassed chuckle.

Temari looked at Shikadai across the dinner table and they shared a smile as Shikamaru continued singing the praises of this angel.

But Shikamaru smiled at both of them when he caught their shared amusement. He laughed again. "Himawari reminds me a lot of Mirai, too, when she was young. I think it's in the way they bat their eyelashes that's similar. Someday, if Naruto would let me, I want to teach her shougi. I think she's got the smarts for it."

"Yeah," Shikadai piped up. "Then I can play against her!"

Shikamaru nodded.

He continued eating his dinner and sighed. "I haven't even told you the best part yet. You know what she told me?"

"Go ahead," Temari said with an encouraging smile, amused to see her normally cool husband raving about Naruto's little girl.

"She told me I was the Shadow-Hokage, the one who makes the sun, her Papa, burn brighter."

And Temari finally understood why Shikamaru had loved Himawari's visit to the office so much.

"She's a very perceptive little girl, Shikamaru," Temari said as she got up and wrapped her arms around her long-suffering husband. "And now I'm reminded that we owe you appreciation for all the hard work you do behind the scenes."

Shikamaru squeezed her back and smiled at Shikadai, who was making a face at them.

"That still doesn't mean you're getting a daughter out of me, though!"