Sixty-four

Can I ask you for a drabble where hinata provides naruto with CPR instead of sakura in 4th ninja war?

Hinata whirled, byakugan activated, and sent one of the Juubi's arms falling away from the people around her. One more shot, one more twirl and she can move from her position. She needed to advance. They had to move on, gain some ground. The war was slowly inching forward as the Shinobi Alliance held their own against their enemy.

The chakra cloak around her was strong so she knew Naruto was still fighting. The appearance of the newly-reincarnated Madara had filled her with dread, but still, she knew he would keep on fighting until he was dead.

She felt the little flicker of apprehension run through her, recognizing it as Naruto's feelings. But Kurama's cloak around her was still strong.

Suddenly, though, she felt her heart drop as a vision of Madara binding the bijuu with chakra chains flashed through her mind.

Hinata gasped. This was Naruto's reality right now. Somehow, it transferred to her and she could see Madara's chains slash forward, the purple brightness so clear in the night. And with a quick yank, he tore the beasts away from Naruto and sucked all of them into the Gedo statue.

She saw Naruto flung away and a heartbeat later, the cloak around her disappeared.

But she was already running. Please, she thought, heart pounding. No. God, no.

"Naruto!" she heard Gaara yell out and Hinata sprinted as fast as her legs allowed her, trying to get to Naruto. She was the closest out of everyone. Sakura was far away, fighting her own enemies.

When she got to him, he was pale, lifeless, and she feared the worst. She leaned down and checked for a pulse but couldn't find it.

No breathing.

Byakugan activated, Hinata searched through the tenketsu network but found no flow of blood or chakra.

She suddenly felt herself lifted off as Gaara spread his sand beneath her and Naruto and soon they were both flying.

"Keep doing what you're doing," Gaara yelled. "I need to take Naruto to the Fourth Hokage. Just before Kurama got pulled into the statue, he told me to take Naruto to the Hokage, where the other half of him lives. That way we can keep Naruto alive."

Hinata nodded, but she wasn't really paying attention. All her energy was concentrated on keeping Naruto alive. She was panicking, but deep in her mind, she was trying to find a solution to make his heart beat, and she remembered something about activating a certain tenketsu point that when touched, would allow blood to flow more freely within the human body.

Hinata looked, pinpointed it, and touched the area directly above Naruto's chest. She plunged her chakra knife through and pressed hard.

There was a beat. It glimmered briefly and then disappeared again.

Yes. It was unmistakable.

She had to keep on doing this. One more. She pressed again, put her lips over his, and performed CPR. She paused and laid her ear against his chest. She raised her head again. One more strike against the tenketsu point. Another massage against his heart. A push against the lungs to get him to breathe.

She checked for a pulse. Nothing, but for a fleeting second it had been there.

She placed her hands against his chest, breathed into his mouth again. More compressions against his chest.

"Naruto, come back!" she yelled, eyes on his face, willing him to live. "You don't go back on your word, you said. If you die now, you're breaking your promise. You still have a lot to do before you become Hokage. Don't you dare die! You never go back on your word, that's your ninja way!"

She kept doing CPR, kept reminding him of his promise.

"Come back, Naruto!"

She yelled at him, but all the while she kept on pumping more of her chakra into his heart, trying anything to get him to start breathing, to get his heart to beat on its own.

And then she felt it, the tiny spurt of chakra that flared. Kurama's cloak sputtered briefly then died again. So Hinata pushed again at his chest, pressing against that tenketsu point that was keeping him alive, bringing him back to life.

"Don't break your word, Naruto! You need to come back!"

There was a loud gasp as he breathed in deep, his lungs expanded. And she looked at his face with hope. Then she suddenly felt it again, that pulse, and another one, and another one, right under her hands.

Her heart leaped. Yes. Naruto was coming back.

His eyes were closed, but his color was slowly returning.

"Yes, Naruto," she said with relief. "We're here. Welcome back. We're waiting for you."

Gaara breathed his own sigh of relief, but they still flew through the air, his face concentrated.

"Hinata, hold on. I'm pushing us as fast as we can. Just a few more minutes then we'll soon be with the Fourth Hokage."

Beneath her hand, his heart beat.

It was weak—but steady.