Day 2

Day2

I slowly put on make up to cover the bruise I still had from that other night. I winced as I made contact with the bruise and put on some mascara and a little of lip gloss. I stared at myself in the mirror. The eyes staring back at me hold so much sadness, and fear. I could barely recognize myself.

“VICTORIA!” I hear my father yell from the bottom of the stairs.

“COMING” I yell out, trying not to sound as if defying authority.

I keep looking at my reflection, today was suppose to be the best day. My graduation. I had dreaming about this day for so long, it was the day that meant my freedom. Now everything had changed, instead of feeling free I felt completely trapped. I was to miss my graduation to go shopping with Sebastian. My heart ached, not wanting to be in this house with these people I call parents.

I quickly snap out of my thoughts, I was running late and Sebastian was already downstairs waiting for me. I quickly grab my purse and walk out of my room. I go down the stairs to find Sebastian talking with my father, they are laughing. Sebastian then looks up at me with a big smile. It sent shivers through my spine.

“Hello, darling” Sebastian says

“Hello Sebastian, sorry to keep you waiting.” I said trying to sound polite.

“Take all the time you need dear, shall we go?”

“Yes, of course.”

He walks me out holding my hand. I felt the sudden urge to take my hand away and slap him, but I knew better not to. He leads me to his black and shiny Camero. He opens the door for me and I silently slide in. He smiles at me and gently closes the door. He gets in and looks directly to me. His grin is mischievous and dark.

He slowly leans into me, our faces are inches apart. I could feel his breath right down my neck. His eyes are full with lust and don't dare to look away from mine. He leans in closer closing in the space between us. My heart is racing and my mind is yelling out for him to stop.

“Please, don’t,” I whisper, not sure if he could hear me.

I see his hand grab something beside me and his smile turns innocent.

“Safety first” He says as he leans back into his seat, pulling my seatbelt and clicking it in. I release the breath I didn’t even know I was holding. He had just put on my seatbelt, but I well knew his intentions.

He speeds out of my driveway and his eyes are glued to the road. I sat quietly not daring to speak, he moves his hand from the steering wheel and grabs my hand. I don’t protest, what could I do?

“You are going to be an amazing wife” He says barely audible.

*******************

We are in the city now, going into different fancy stores. Sebastian insists on buying everything my eyes land on. We’ve been shopping for a few hours; I have no idea why he even accepted to this. Didn’t guys hate shopping? Sebastian was hungry so we decided to stop and eat. I haven't said much throughout the whole day which I could tell is irritating him. The waitress comes up and takes our order and leaves.

“So are you enjoying your day so far?” Sebastian asks while taking a sip from his wine. He’s 23 and I’m 18, it’s not as a big age difference as I thought it was from how he looks.

“Its great thanks for asking,” I say.

He lets a sigh out, I understand; girls all around us are looking at him with such lust but not one interest from me.

“Victoria, why don’t you like me?” He asks.

“I’m sorry, it’s not that I don’t like you. Its just I don’t know you that well. I’m a bit shy.” I say.

“Well get to know me all you want I don’t mind at all, just as long as I get to know you.” He says with a smile.

“Sure” Is all I can say.

“Victoria, I know this is insane; the whole wedding thing. I just wish you would at least like me because I like you.”

I smile, because I couldn’t find the right words to say that I probably would never like him. “How long have you known about the marriage?” I asked him.

He takes a drink from his wine and looks directly into my eyes. “Victoria, your dad has asked me to tell you the wedding was planned at the last minute for saving the company, but I want to tell you the truth because I want you to trust me. This marriage has been planned before either of us was born. My father told me about it since I was little, he kept restrictions on me about not having girlfriends, and of course I always found ways for him not to know about my girlfriends.” He chuckled as saying this. “But I always knew since I was a little kid, I just found out that you didn’t know about a thing. Sorry this came to you in a surprise.”

It took a moment for everything he said to settle in.  “How were you able to accept it? Didn’t you want to make your own life?” I asked.

“At first I was rebellious, but I knew what my father had said was going to happen whether or not I wanted it to. I remember though when I completely changed and wanted this marriage, my father showed me a picture of you, and it just blew me away.” He got my hand and squeezed it. “You are so beautiful Victoria and it would be an honor to call you my wife.”

For some reason I felt myself blush, I guess it felt nice to be given a compliment after so many years of abuse. We ate our food in silence. As I was eating, the letter popped into my mind. Sebastian had just confirmed what C had said.

************

I was taking a shower, Sebastian had dropped me off a few minutes ago. I kept pondering about the wedding. Why would my father hide it from me? It’s not like I could say no to it. I was so tired of doing everything he said. I wanted to leave so bad, and now I had a good reason to. But where would I go? I had no family, nowhere to go. I know Dominic would want me to stay with him but I know my father would find me right away.

I got out of the shower knowing I had nowhere to go. My father had taken care of the fact that I had no one to go to. His side of the family never speaks to him and I have no idea who they are. I never had a grandma or a grandpa to share stories with.

I put on my pajamas and notice a letter on my bed. I don’t have to think twice to know who it’s from. I guess C will drop a letter everyday now.  I walk towards my bed and pick up the letter, scared to open it and read it. What else did C want to say?

 Day 2

How was shopping with your fiancé? Ha!  Hope you know time is ticking, not many days left for you to find the truth.  Oh and if you don’t figure it out by the 30 days then something just might happen to Dominic. You wouldn’t want your best and ONLY friend to get hurt because of you, would you? 

P.s. Thought I would tell you my name since I know yours

-         Cole

I didn’t know what I had to figure out at the end of 30 days, but I knew I had to do it. Dominic was now involved and I couldn’t just ignore it. I sat on my bed wondering who Cole was and how he know so much about me. The fact that he had threatened Dominic told me he wasn’t on my side. Anger pushed through my veins why did Cole even care? What was the purpose of the 30 days? I know Cole had told me the truth about the marriage but how did he even know? What was this ugly truth I had to find out?

I lay down in bed trying to fall asleep. As my eyelids grew heavier by the second and tiredness was taking me away; I couldn’t help but feel something. Somewhere deep within me I knew things were about to get ugly and that I should be scared for what I was about to find out.

************************************

Gio's Note: Heeey :) so it wasn't really a great chapter I know but i needed to post.. Sorry i've been really busy but promise to upload more often :D PLease VOTE & COMMENT FOR NEXT UPLOAD :D Love ya :)