Day 6

Day 6

I woke up in my bed; the sheets feel warm beneath me. I sit up; my body feels more relaxed and more energetic. I look around the room, I’m alone; where is Sebastian? I see my bathroom door open and Sebastian steps out. He is wearing his jeans but is shirtless and his hair is dripping wet. He shakes water out of his hair using a towel. He notices me staring at him.

“Like what you see?” He asks with a smirk on his face.

I feel my face turn red and I quickly turn the other way. I try not to let him see me blush, but of course he notices it.

“Haha no need to get shy Victoria. By the way I kind of took the liberty to take a shower. Sorry.”

“It’s okay, don’t worry.”

“I have to go, sorry. I have an important meeting with a client and it’s going to take about all day. I’ll be back around 8 to come check on you. I’ll bring some clothes with me this time.”

“That’s fine, and you don’t need to check up on me. I’m not a little girl who needs to be then care of.” I say and stand up from the bed.

“No, you’re right. You’re not a little girl, but I do need to check up on you because then I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything around me. I would be anxious and I wouldn’t be able to function. So yes, I have to check up on you so I can go on with my day knowing you are safe.”

His words shock me; no one has ever cared about me like that before. Well I guess if you include Dominic, but that’s the only person.

“I don’t want to leave you alone for a long time, not after what happened yesterday.”

My body goes rigid when he mentions what happened yesterday. I try my best to shake it off and make it look like something silly.

I roll my eyes, “Oh my gosh; I told you it was a joke. The only reason I screamed was because it was unexpected. I laughed afterwards, trust me.” I force out a laugh, thankfully it sounds real.

“I don’t know about that.” He pauses for a while. “I’ll come back as soon as I’m done. I promise.”

“No, I don’t want to rush you with your work. How about this I’ll invite a friend over and we’ll hang out. Then when you’re down with your client you call me and we can meet up. Then you will see that I’m safe and sound and you can peacefully go to your house and have a good night sleep”

“It all seems very lovely until the last part. I’m not leaving you in the night alone, no way. I’ll text you when I’m done with my client then I’ll go pick up some clothes at my house then come straight over here. I don’t care if I have to sleep outside on your lawn but I’ll be here.” He says serious.

“Agh, fine! You know you are very stubborn.” I say with a smile on my face.