Day 26

***sorry for any mistakes***

Day 26

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

“Sebastian told me you were staying at a hotel” My mother said as she took a sip of her hot tea.

“Yes, I am” I say indifferently.

“And why is that? What’s wrong with his apartment?”

“You obviously didn’t marry John because you loved him, the fact that you were able to lay in the same bed as him is not my problem. I chose to be at the hotel because I want, no need, to be alone and away from all you people.”

“You don’t like Sebastian?”

“I never said that” I snapped.

She raises an eyebrow, “You have quite an attitude today”

“Sorry, I’m just tired of giving an explanation for every little thing I do.” I say.

“Hm, I know the feeling”

I snort, “I’m sure you do mother” I say mockingly.

She fixes her posture, “You really think you’re the only one whose gotten abused?” She narrows her eyes at me, “You’ve had it easy, compared to what I’ve been through. I was powerless for so many years in this marriage; I’ve only gotten the courage to start standing up for myself when I started receiving Cole’s letters.”

Quite shocked of this revelation, I take a minute for it to settle it all in.

“Tell me about him” I stare at her eyes, “I want to know about Cole”

She sighs, “What do you want to know about him?”

“Anything. Everything” I say desperately.

She giggles, “Where to start?” She takes a drink from her tea and I see her eyes sparkle as she thinks. “He was like no other man I had met before.” She smiles, “I remember the first time my eyes laid eyes on him, he was the most irritating man on earth!”

She stares out the window of the coffee shop we’re in, “We met at a fundraiser for the company. That silly man tried everything in his power to make me laugh; of course he succeeded at the end of the night.”

“When did this happen?” I ask curiously.