Day 30

***Sorry For any mistakes***

Day 30

**********

Sebastian’s POV

**********

She’s not here.

Everyone is in the courthouse ready to go, but she isn’t here. Why isn’t she here? I tap my foot on the wooden floor; she’s 30 minutes late and isn’t answering her phone. I know what this means, but I don’t want to believe it. So many consequences are to happen if this marriage doesn’t go through.  I look at my father as he stares warily at his watch.

Charlot pulls out her phone once again trying to call Victoria. I know it’s useless. Victoria’s gone. I bet she left the city and ran away from this, leaving me to a sentence in jail for a crime I didn’t do. I anxiously wait, hoping that I’m wrong. Victoria wouldn’t betray me like this, would she?

Charlot hangs up and shakes her head at me. I clench my teeth, this seriously can’t be happening. What did I do wrong? She knows how I feel about her, I’m willing to pay for her college and everything she wants, what is it that doesn’t make me good enough?

Doesn’t she understand that she’s the one person who keeps me sane?

The judge walks towards me, “I’m sorry but I’ve got other appointments. I’m afraid this wedding must be cancelled.” He says and walks away.

“Where the hell is she, John?” My father asks him angrily.

“I don’t know” He says through clenched teeth.

My phone buzzes and a text from Victoria shows up in my screen. Though, Charlot and John get the same text at the same time as me. I click on the icon and read it.

Day 30

Wondering where Victoria is? Go to the place where it all began and the truth will reveal itself. Fail to come and her death will lie on your shoulders.

P.S. Any sign of police, and she will die immediately.

                                                                        -Cole

I stare at the screen, she didn’t run away; she was kidnapped.

“What the hell is going on?” I ask Charlot and John.

Why was it that my girl is always in harm’s way because of her neglecting and foolish parents?

John and Charlot look at each other, having a conversation of their own within their thoughts.

“We have to go” She says.

He remains quiet making anger run through my veins.

“Of course we’re going.  There’s no way you’re getting out of this one John” I state harshly.

“Let’s go” He states as he walks out the door.

***

45 minutes later we arrive at an abounded and burnt house. The grey trees surround it add a somber atmosphere to it. The gloomy clouds that rest above it illustrate the dangerous task we were about to get into. What once seemed to look like an elegant and expensive home, had become a dreading building surrounded with sharp rocks and broken windows.