Day 20

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Day 20

Victoria’s POV

My body yearned for comfort. My neck strained as I sat up from the chair. I ran my fingers through my hair and rubbed my eyes open. The cold table where I had rested my head for most of the night was now empty. I stood up from the chair and took in the surroundings.

The fridge and counter where next to each other, seeking companionship in this solitary apartment. I was in Melissa’s kitchen, Sebastian insisted on staying the night, I possibly couldn’t leave him here alone; though Melissa hated the fact that I had stayed. She went hysterical when she saw me last night so I was forced to make the chair and table my bed.

I walked towards the hallway; the floor creaked with each step that I took. I reached her bedroom and saw Sebastian sitting on a chair next to the bed. Melissa was sprawled across the bed, sleeping. I stood in the doorway, taking in everything that happened last night. Sebastian moved his head and his eyes landed on me. He placed his index finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet.

He slowly and silently stood up, walking over to me; he gently closed the door as we both were outside of her bedroom. He placed his hand against my lower back, leading me back to the kitchen.

“How’d you sleep?” Sebastian whispered.

“My neck hurts like crazy”

“I’m sorry, you should have gone back to the apartment.”

“And leave you here? No thanks. How is she by the way?”

“I finally got her to sleep, but she’s hysterical right now. I have no idea what got into her, he says she’ll go suicidal if I don’t leave you.”

My heart started hammering, “are you?”

He placed his fingers on my cheek, “Of course not. I just have to figure out what to do. I can leave my baby in harm’s way.”

“I understand don’t worry, doing anything you have to do in order to keep your child safe.” I paused, “I’ need to go”

“Okay, where are you going?” He asks curious.

“Yeah, I’m going to meet up with John, Dominic’s cousin, so I can try to fix things.”

His body went rigid yet he forced a smile, “Okay. Hope everything goes well. I’ll text you if anything changes with Melissa”

“Alright sounds good”

He leans in to kiss me, and I do the same. The kiss is bittersweet; ultimately I think that’s how I explain this relationship, bittersweet. I feel like everything about this relationship is wrong, yet everything feels just right. How can I have these mixed up emotions, not knowing whether I like him or detest him.